Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a raptor 660 with full sparks exhaust and a k&n filter with airbox open. I was having problems with it all the sudden start backfiring really bad and then dying out. After it dies out it wont start unless you come back a day or so later. I assumed it wasnt jetted correctly so I went into the carbs. It had 22.5 pilots, with 170,175 mains and the needle on the 4th clip. I now put in what was recommended by mechanics on this site. It now has 25 pilots, 155,160 mains and the needle on the 4th clip with air fuel on 1 1/2 turns out. Only problem is now it seems to have almost gotten worse. Started up right away and idled just fine, throttle had great response to it. Then I took it out on the test ride and it did the same thing within about 200 feet. What the hell can I do here guys, this thing is giving me a run for my money. All help is extremely appreciated as I am stuck between a rock and a hard place!! Thanks

Tory

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey guys, I have a raptor 660 with full sparks exhaust and a k&n filter with airbox open. I was having problems with it all the sudden start backfiring really bad and then dying out. After it dies out it wont start unless you come back a day or so later. I assumed it wasnt jetted correctly so I went into the carbs. It had 22.5 pilots, with 170,175 mains and the needle on the 4th clip. I now put in what was recommended by mechanics on this site. It now has 25 pilots, 155,160 mains and the needle on the 4th clip with air fuel on 1 1/2 turns out. Only problem is now it seems to have almost gotten worse. Started up right away and idled just fine, throttle had great response to it. Then I took it out on the test ride and it did the same thing within about 200 feet. What the hell can I do here guys, this thing is giving me a run for my money. All help is extremely appreciated as I am stuck between a rock and a hard place!! Thanks

Tory
What type of needle are you using, it should be aftermarket if you have an open air box.......
When the engine will not start, have you checked for spark..............

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Take off your gas cap and try again - plugged cap vent can cause similar symptoms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts