Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the chance and driveshaft hill and made it to the top with a bit to much power went streight up, bailed and watched it roll down, I will be posting pics tom. I destroyed my 700 =( dont think I am going to sleep tonight!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
:'( :'( Sorry to hear about the bail. It sounds like you are ok at least.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.. Thats what happened to my old 05, 660r before the insurace company called it a total loss and paid for it Completly twisted the frame and a-arms . You just cant beat full coverage insurace at times like these........... You did have full coverage didnt you?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Dude that totally sucks. :( We all feel for you... but if there is anything positive, it's that you killed it doing what it and you loved.... gotta push the limits now and then. Keep us updated on what you're gonna do.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Donnie221 said:
Sorry to hear that man.. Thats what happened to my old 05, 660r before the insurace company called it a total loss and paid for it Completly twisted the frame and a-arms . You just cant beat full coverage insurace at times like these........... You did have full coverage didnt you?
How much does it cost?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I totally have FC insurance but i dunno if I will use it, It is bad, but not tottaled ... hope not I am gonna tear it down tom. when I am not so sore haha I know right now .. front and rear plastic, Bottom faring and the grill, ( all plastic but the gas tank cover), tie rods are both bent up Front brake lever, and master cylinder, wheelie bar ( go figure) and at the end of the exhaust where it hooks to the head pipe their is a flange that snapped! Hope White bros sells that seperat!! if ya know anyone who is strippin one down I will take first dibbs, but like the bars and levers I am going to use unbreakable for sure this time!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ouch!! Sounds bad, Make sure you keep an eye on your frame.... Alot of times you cant even tell its bent but you will see stress cracks and paint chipping in areas and eventually rust. Sometimes you can live with it and other times it just throws the whole balance off. Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am takin it in to my shop and tearin it down to the motor and frame tom to check it out, wont be suprised if it is bent cause it sits real funny =( sucks I just made my 1st payment on it this mo. BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
glad to hear ya made it. also glad your ok but sorry bout the raptor man. i was paranoid till the first payment then it got easier but i still have yet to scratch the baby. Hope it all works out and turns out good for you.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

All I did was bend a rim today and i felt like shit so I am sorry to hear the bad news for you. But remeber this is the life we choose and damaging parts is part of it. So as long as you are okay a little (or a lot) of wrench work and back in the saddle for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hope you had insurance.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
SULLY0556 said:
I hear ya! Rolled my bike on the ice this weekend, Bent the bars, broke the throttle and a fender. Gave me a good excuse to buy some new bars though. :)
Just curious... is it pretty normal for the fenders to shatter like that during a rollover, or was it probably just from it being so cold out?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts