Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every one i was wondering if run wide open with the throttle for long periods of time can damage your engine?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
depends how long is a long time. it shouldnt hurt anything unless its for like a hour or somthing ridculous.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it would be alright too go wide ope on a big strait trail for 20 min. or so?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i wouldnt hold it WIDE open for 20 min but a little back from that with the ocational mash is probably acceceptabe, where are you riding becides a strait paved road that you can even go that fast for that long with out hitting a bump or somthing?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I won't hurt your bike. The four stoke motor can take it. If it was a 2-stroke you would have to back off or you might seize the engine. So mash on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
MuffinMan said:
I won't hurt your bike. The four stoke motor can take it. If it was a 2-stroke you would have to back off or you might seize the engine. So mash on :thumbsup:
Blah...if jetted correctly and you have the right octane gas you have nothing to worry about on a 2 stroke. How many people run Jet Skis WOT down the rivers for almost an hour... As far as WOT throttle on your rappy 20 minutes is NO problem at all. The engines are made with a limiter and anything less then that is "NORAML OPERATING" conditions.

Mike

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ride in idaho in a small town called challis.
I can take off riden from my ouseand ride for an a hour in any direction in the hills or on mx tracks.
but it is 20 min. on highways to some of my favorite spots.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I used to go WOT on my bravo 250 for over an hour at a time in the powder snow, trying to keep up with the big 800's. Actually...Ive never gone only half throttle or so for over 5 mins at a time. It has 7000 Kilometers on it, I think the raptor will be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts