Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an injector go bad yet? One of Team Mooseknuckle's did. We replaced everything on the bike from another 700r in the shop, nothing. Then we pulled the injector and fired it into the air and it was squirting about twice as much fuel as it should so we took the injector out of the donor bike and it started and ran fine. Just wondering if this is a fluke or is there a problem there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Intresting.
today I went riding and after an hour the bike started sputtering.
I stopped and checked the oil tank and just ike last time i rode, it was full to the point of overflowing.
oil smelled like fuel and was real thin.
Came home changed oil and filter. tried to ride and just sputtered out
For some reason my oil is getting flooded with fuel quick.
Wonder if this is the reason.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
their was a post a while back about someones injector going bad. i hope this wont be a prob. with all 700r's

·
Registered
331 Posts
After using the good ol "search" button , Seems like there are a couple of people having this problem.
What else could be causing the oil tank to completely fill up to the top with oil/fuel in such a short time ?
Whats strange is that for a short time it would idle and rev well/smooth when not being ridden,
but sputter like hell and barley run when put in gear.

Now its gotten worse, it wont even start and idle. it seems like the injector has gone from bad to worse.
and now its just done!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Have you guys tried cleaning them?

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
rappinitup700 said:
After using the good ol "search" button , Seems like there are a couple of people having this problem.
What else could be causing the oil tank to completely fill up to the top with oil/fuel in such a short time ?
Whats strange is that for a short time it would idle and rev well/smooth when not being ridden,
but sputter like hell and barley run when put in gear.

Now its gotten worse, it wont even start and idle. it seems like the injector has gone from bad to worse.
and now its just done!
Darn Rapp'n That sounds like a serious problem, I just did a rebuild with the 734 kit and it seems like I am getting too much fuel too. It wouldn't idol and the mechanic thought the injector might have sand in it, he was stumped and is a very good mechanic, so maybe if some of these injectors are going bad like it sounds yours is,,, maybe mine is partially failing too. Keep us posted as to what you find. I hope Yamaha will replace it for you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I havent heard from any one yet how the injectors from geisick performance work so far. They start at $110.00 on up to $130.00. Sounds like a great price if you ask me for proformance injectors. I havent yet checked into the price on new ones. Anyone have that info?
Heres the link for the proformance injectors since we have an injector thread going here.

http://www.geisickperformance.com/yamaha_raptor_700_fuel.htm

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks integikewhoa , that is great news. I wil definately be getting the 650 cc inj.
If the stock ones are back ordered from yamaha, then there must be a problem.

·
Registered
305 Posts
rappinitup700 said:
Thanks integikewhoa , that is great news. I wil definately be getting the 650 cc inj.
If the stock ones are back ordered from yamaha, then there must be a problem.
No problem. They are a new sponser of the forum. I have heard great things about the ower, But i have not used or dont know of anyone personally that have used these new injectors. As far as i know they are the only aftermarket injectors made to fit our 700. I too am looking forward to hearing some first hand feedback on these injectors.

·
Registered
511 Posts
integlikewhoa said:
I havent heard from any one yet how the injectors from geisick performance work so far. They start at $110.00 on up to $130.00. Sounds like a great price if you ask me for proformance injectors. I havent yet checked into the price on new ones. Anyone have that info?
Heres the link for the proformance injectors since we have an injector thread going here.

http://www.geisickperformance.com/yamaha_raptor_700_fuel.htm
I am going to order mine tonight. Ill let ya know whats up when i get it dyno'd.

Capt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i had a problem with my injector. my quad was fouling plugs left and right. i contacted power commander to see if it was the pcIII. it wasnt the problem. so i took it to my yamaha dealer to get a computer diagnostics. still nothing wrong. is i took the wire off of injector and saw water inbetween the injector and the plug. so i dried out the water with a hair dryer and still no fix. so i unpluged the injector and turned it 30 degrees one way and 30 degrees the other way and shazamm. sounds kinda cheezy but it worked for me..

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Dommie, How do you turn the injector, can it be reached without taking the tank off? Why do you think just turning it helped with your problem?? :3question:

·
Registered
815 Posts
rapinitup700 - why are you saying you will go with the 650cc injector from geisick ? why not the 550cc ? ?
Just wondering, bcs i too am thinking of getting an injector from them....
I am waiting to here from some other ppl that buy it first, and see what they think of it .... If i buy the 650 or 550cc injector from them, will i have to have a new map made for my bike.... i have ported head, stage 2 cam, 11:1 piston.... Lte duals....

thanks Plattner

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just figured on getting the 650cc b/c the website says that the 650cc injector is for bikes with up to 30hp over stock.
Since i was planning on doing the 770 soon i just thought it would be best.
But I could be wrong, it was just an uneducated guess. haha

·
Registered
331 Posts
Im gonna place the order now.
Ill call first them and ask a few questions, and report back to you guys with the info.

Hey do you guys think that i can change the injector my self ?
My mechanic takes forever to do anything to my bike.

If I get overnight shipping I might be able to ride this weekend !!

Hopefully this and the TPS being cleaned and greased and
a valve and timing adjustment should solve the problem from what I gather so far from you guys.

Thankyou very much for you help.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts