Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 660 recently accuired a knock from the bottom end im assuming its a rod bearing. I have been looking at stroker cranks the +4 or +5 i think. What do i need to go with that to have a stroker motor.. Does it just bolt up with stock bore size... Also thinking of going with cam and big bore kit what would be the best way to go. Im new to this and money is really not a issue. Thanks in advance and plz excuse my stupidity lol.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
If you get a Barker +4 mil crank you can use any piston just as you would on a stock motor. If you run a HotRods +4 crank then you have to run a 102mm or 105mm cylinder with a 2mm offset wrist pin. There are limited choices here but it is a good combo as well as the Barkers but I have never run a Barkers crank. The Hotrods crank($279) is cheaper but you have to bore the cylinder9($50???) and buy a piston for it(around $200). I'm not sure on how much the Barkers crank is but I know Vito's are made by barker and there kit is about $900 and has all you need, Crank,Piston,Cam,Springs,Gaskets,Jet Kit. Not a bad deal for all that you get.
Head porting will make a HUGE difference in power though...

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I see that was your first post, Welcome to the Forum. If you hang around to much you will spend LOTS of money that you might not have...;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol Yeah i know... Im already on Suzuki central and dumping money in my Z.... Thinking im gonna go with the vito kit... That is 100% bolt on right? No Boreing the Cylinder?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
A stock Cylinder is 100mm and they sell it with a 102mm piston. Any reason why you don't want to bore it? You might not need a bore but it is best with a new piston to have it bored for the piston as it will last alot longer I think???. You might be able to call vito's and just get the stock bore size piston instead of the 102mm piston if you don't want to bore it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reason is the shop that does all my porting and machine work is slammed right now with Nationals and all dunno if heard of the PR racing they are well known in the industry.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
well you could always leave out the base gasket and split the gead gasket in two and run it with your piston and cylinder until they are not busy and get it bored and ported... Just a Idea. and would save from buying gaskets to. When you split the head gasket it makes 2 of them, a little trick I learned from Whilly on here that has saved me about $120 over the last year and it bumps up your compression.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts