Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i just finished putting my raptor back together with new 686 namura piston and rings. All back together and now when i try to start it i just hear clicking from the selonoid, i took the starter cover off as well as the starter clutch and starter still wont turn over... im supposed to be going up north tomarrow but maybee not anymore.. any help is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Take out the plug on the stator side and turn the Motor over by hand and see if it will move that way. Don't force it if it won't go it should turn fairly easy.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did that, spins easily...any other ideas?

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
SHort across the two large lugs on the solenoid... does it turn now? If so, its the solenoid.

If not - Pull the intermediate gear and see if the starter turns... if not, it's starter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
if its just clicking and the starter is doing absolutely nothing then its NOT thr starter clutch, its an electrical issue. aI dont know why anyone would tell you its the starter clutch. I would download the wiring diagram and go over all of your connections...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
turns out the CAM broke. WTF?

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
How, if the engine turns freely, does that jive with the starter not turning? They are unrelated.

RE broken cam, did you wait to install the cam chain tensioner until AFTER the head cover was on an torqued down?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
turns out the CAM broke. WTF?
By cam breaking, do you mean that one of the flange ears broke off at the location of the bolt hole, if so this is caused by tighteneing bolts wth the cam gear not installed flat on the flange............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts