Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:
so i have a 2001 raptor just had the tranny swap done..... put a 2004 tranny in it..... everything was perfect and all their.... had local Yamaha dealer mechanic look at it. i got it back run excellent rode it friday night, saturday all day and no problems at all, then sunday went on a big ride and half way through the ride my shifter started staying down when i shifted down..... so now ive got a raptor that WILL NOT SHIFT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
from what ive read off some forums its a bent shifting fork...... any opinions/help would be greatly appreciated

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
:mad:
so i have a 2001 raptor just had the tranny swap done..... put a 2004 tranny in it..... everything was perfect and all their.... had local Yamaha dealer mechanic look at it. i got it back run excellent rode it friday night, saturday all day and no problems at all, then sunday went on a big ride and half way through the ride my shifter started staying down when i shifted down..... so now ive got a raptor that WILL NOT SHIFT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
from what ive read off some forums its a bent shifting fork...... any opinions/help would be greatly appreciated
You probably have shift drum problems, the ratchet shifter in the end of the drum could also be the problem, pull the clutch cover to see.............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay cool maybe this fix wont be as pricey.....!
and if this helps any when i finally got it to shift down/into reverse it was making a clanking/ticking noise?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah it sounds like a issue you will find by just removing the clutch cover. Open it up and I'm sure you will see something messed up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts