Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from my understanding the Hotrods cranks are balanced to the stock piston. I'm running a 105mm 10.75:1 CP and it weighs 12 grams less than my stock piston. I got a hold of CP and the only other wrist pin they have is 18 grams heavier. Should I order this pin and have 6 grams cut off my piston? Or will I be ok running with a 12 gram lighter piston? I've been reading about balancing cranks on single cylinder engines and it's confusing to say the least. My other issue is CP keeps directing me to CP dealers instead of letting me order through them, and the dealers keep telling me they can't order the wrist pin. wtf? Is anyone on here a CP dealer that could get me the wrist pin i'm looking for?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow... That is confusing...
I know most people have a 5+ HR crank on BB pistons and I have never heard of them having troubles :confused:
There has been a handful of people breaking hotrods cranks lately. I would like to get my rotating assembly as close to balanced as I can without paying money to have the crank balanced to my piston. Raptor cases like to crack also so less vibration is a good thing the way I see it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts