Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed today that my front tire leans in towards the frame at the top of the tires rotation. I dont think that part is adjustable so im guessing i have a bad ball joint?

Attachments

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,549 Posts
Or a bent spindle.

Is it on a jack in the pictures?
See if the tire will wiggle in and out. Have a helper or your dog watch where the movement is.
Also watch your a-arm pivots, they may be bad.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or a bent spindle.

Is it on a jack in the pictures?
See if the tire will wiggle in and out. Have a helper or your dog watch where the movement is.
Also watch your a-arm pivots, they may be bad.
It is on the ground in the pic. I raised it and didnt really feel any wiggle in it trying to rock it around. If i spin it raised it does not wobble

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,549 Posts
Have a helper or your dog watch where the movement is.
What did your dog see or say?
Back a year or so ago, there was a thread about a certain year a-arm that was cheaper then other years by lots, as long as you wanted black.
Or, search used, all 700's as well as from a YFZ450 with carbs, will interchange. Later years have replaceable ball joints, but still fit.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did your dog see or say?
Back a year or so ago, there was a thread about a certain year a-arm that was cheaper then other years by lots, as long as you wanted black.
Or, search used, all 700's as well as from a YFZ450 with carbs, will interchange. Later years have replaceable ball joints, but still fit.
She wont even look at it. Shes really not much help being so focused on the neighbors cat. I actually have a new set of uppers i bought long ago, most likely because of the thread your talking about. I believe its 2015+ has replaceable ball joints. I kinda assume thats what i need to do but i havnt pulled it apart and wanted other opinions and ideas to check for. Sounds like i need to check the spindle as well

·
Super Moderator
8,267 Posts
Wow, that has quite the lean to it. Have to check ours out but if I recall they are nothing like that.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that has quite the lean to it. Have to check ours out but if I recall they are nothing like that.
The other front tire is pretty square so i think i have an issue...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts