Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my roght side upper an lower ball joint is bad, cant figure out how ot get them out with beating them out, i thoguh about heating them out but wanted to know if there is an easier way, better to buy oem a-arms or replace ball joints

·
Registered
844 Posts
Well i hate to tell you but your going to have to replace the whole a-arm for the upper one. I might actually have one if you want you can have it. As for the lower one there is a c clip that holds it in. Just remove the c clip and bang it out. Its ok if you mess it up because its already no good. Then buy a new one, I actually might have that too, clean the bottom a-arm (where the ball joint goes in and pop it in, put the c clip in and your good.

·
Registered
385 Posts
pretty sure wiyh out looking at my owners manual u can just press them in and out like car ball joints.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
The upper ball joint is welded to the a arm how are you going to press it out.

·
Master of the Electron
14,832 Posts
Only the lower is replacable, as described in the manual - again page 4-53.

·
Hellbound Raptor Rider
1,030 Posts
my roght side upper an lower ball joint is bad, cant figure out how ot get them out with beating them out, i thoguh about heating them out but wanted to know if there is an easier way, better to buy oem a-arms or replace ball joints
if at all possible you should always refrain from heating any parts/components on your rappy.. odd are if they require that ammount of heat to remove them/free them up than the ammount of heat your going to have to apply is going to be enough to drasticly reduce the strenght of the surrounding metal ( in this case you A-arm which is something you really dont want to be weak) this applies for any metal parts/components..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank youguy for all your help i will check the c clip thing see how it works out not i got more prbolblems my clutch lever is pulled but bike is still in gear tighten clutch cable but no disengagement

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where can I buy the lower a arm ball joint?
Is the manual down load in the earlier post valid, i down loaded it, when i went to open it, it wants to do a EXE install something which does not seem valid.
thank you
Richard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts