Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using these? I mainly want to get them because they set 1" lower than the stock pegs. I am interested because they would relieve some stress on my back since I would not have to hunch over as much while holding onto the handlebars when standing up. Unfortuanately they are $150, then you have to buy the Ballance heel guards because the stock plastic ones won't bolt-up. Which brings me to my next question, does that mean you can only use the Ballance nerf bars, or can I use what I already have?

·
Registered
836 Posts
you might be better off getting handlebar risers, or just taller bars. It's much cheaper to do that then get smaller, lower foot pegs, and you will gain more than 1" back...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Bars are already raised up 1".

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of my cables/wires are just about stretched to the max, I guess I would have to get longer cables/wires too huh?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought you had to have full set heel guards/nerf bars for MX? I just ordered my kill tether, waiting on funds for axle/a-arms/suspension before I race.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm using the REM Ballance Racing pro peg nerfs on my yfzR. They use the same pegs you're interested in. They grip very well and I'm very pleased with them.

·
Registered
675 Posts
How about looking into a double padded seat foam so you would sit higher.I bet jvr could hook you up.It would kind of do the same thing as lowering the footpegs.Maybe that would be a little easier and less expensive.Scott.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not really, looking for a way to not have to hunch over when standing. I don't need anything to help me while sitting on the seat.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Not really, looking for a way to not have to hunch over when standing. I don't need anything to help me while sitting on the seat.
Oh,ok.I see what you mean.How bout some harley ape hanger bars.Lol.Lone star makes some anti-vibe steering stems with tall risers,but,they are also pretty expensive.I have thier stem on my warrior with a 1" rise but it was like $300 bucks and that was 9 years ago.I think they also make a 2" rise.Still working well ,good quality stuff.Scott.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
JVR is no longer in business. If you were going to get a seat, QuadTech has them for Raptor 250's. LSR makes steering stems, that are up to +3" taller than stock. They also have them forward, which would help you. They are $280, and the LSR bar clamp is $95. Through motosport.com, you can get a combo, which is LSR stem and clamp, and your choise of handle bars.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have +2 risers with a fairly tall set of flexx bars. All my cabbles reachbut I have different brake lines so I don't know if they would reach. I really like the set up and helped with hunching over the bars.

Here's an older pic of my set up.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.