Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got the burgard front a arms and one of mine just broke. Looking to see where tto get these from. They actually just look like a normal car tie-rod end they sell at autozone or something. Anybody kno if that will work or ill have to order?? Thanks in advance guys!

·
VIP
1,070 Posts
If you have the regular travel sport arms, they use a straight 14mm ball joint.

You could take yours to a car parts store and match it with an automotive one. As long as it has a 14mm thread and has the same taper on the joint end it should work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have the regular travel sport arms, they use a straight 14mm ball joint.

You could take yours to a car parts store and match it with an automotive one. As long as it has a 14mm thread and has the same taper on the joint end it should work.
they are the long travel ons. the widest you can get. i think overall like +6. but a feww ppl told me tierod ends for a 72 vw beetle will work ??lol is this true?

·
VIP
1,070 Posts
they are the long travel ons. the widest you can get. i think overall like +6. but a feww ppl told me tierod ends for a 72 vw beetle will work ??lol is this true?
Not sure if they will or not.

I know the long travel arms use a 16mm ball joint. The upper joint is not straight though and the lower joint has interior thread and a bolt to mount it to the arm, rather than the exterior threads and nuts like the upper.

Do you need an upper or lower?

I suppose you can take one of your old joints and match it up. Make sure the taper of the joint, shaft diameter and overall length are the same though.

They list both joints on their site for $55 a piece.

http://www.burgardcycle.com/xc2/home.php?cat=23

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
72 VW beetle wtf lol.....

dude, just order new parts from rocky mountain ATV or motosport, both are pretty fast on shipping.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
Dunno bout using a tierod end as a ball joint. Espically ment for a vw beetle. Killer price, but i would just get the correct replacement parts imo...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts