Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dirt wheels said that the Banshee 500 in the April issue is true and not a April fools joke.. It is just when Yamaha is giong to release it. We will wait and see.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
got proof ? i still think it's a fools joke till i see proof of yamaha releasing this bike

G

·
Yamaha will not even talk about this bike - which means there is a possiblity that this may be true!
Can you imagine ~ A 500CC Yamaha - 2 250's mated to produce 80hp - the same engine that is in the phazer snowmobile...
That is going to be a beast of a machine - IF its real!

G

·
Even if it is detuned I'd like to get me. 50hp stock would be sweet... To bad it wouldn't be a 2-stroke - that would kick some major a$$

~IF its built~

·
2,679 Posts
when pigs shit sweet smelling irish spring flowers

·
Registered
965 Posts
Rapt0rMan said:
Even if it is detuned I'd like to get me. 50hp stock would be sweet... To bad it wouldn't be a 2-stroke - that would kick some major a$$

~IF its built~
IF it's built....my 700 might go bye-bye ;)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Just like the LOOOONNNNGGGGG thread about this a while back, it will not be a 2-stroke for sure because they are going to stop making 2-strokes due to pollution.

Seconf it will not be 80hp!!! Think about that. That is almost illegal to let your average human come in and buy a 80hp machine and expect to live to tell his friends about it, it wont be 80 hp, prob not even 50 in stock trim.

G

·
Yeah - I know its not gonna be a 2-stroke which is why I said to bad its not... The phazer snowmobile engine is basically 2 250 motors mated and it generates 80hp. A stock 500 engine can easily make that...

·
2,679 Posts
just street modded yfz's ?

G

·
I was gonna say I read something that said they were puttin the yfz plastic on the new banshee... blah blah blah
Yeah, they def look like modded yfz's... I just thought I would throw it up...

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Yamaha Exec:

"Hey here's a great idea; let's cannibalize the sales of our most popular and most expensive sport atvs that we have been and are currently spending millions to develop and improve (remember we're adding EFI to the YFZ) by releasing another atv that will probably get us sued!"

·
2,679 Posts
:banana_hitit:

·
Registered
207 Posts
its an april fools joke :lol: , i remember a while back they did that, saing that honda had a sport trx 800 in the making even included a photochoped picture of a z400 with a snowmobile engine and seat. they got a lot of people exited and driving to the honda shops :grin_nod:. I was all ready planing how i was going to beat it with mods. :mad:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts