Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else get the new dirtwheels yet? It has info about a banshee twin cylinder 500 with a 6 speed gearbox! Sounds bad ass. anyone willing to give up their rappy for one when they come out? What's your thoughts? I'm gonna stick to my rappy.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that's just plain mean.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I would never trade my raptor for a banshee. Sure Banshees are fast, but you better make sure you have your tool bag at all times. Who needs the hassle :3question:

·
Registered
644 Posts
They have been talkin about replacing the banshee for some time now, using the snow mobile born rotax motor as a base. This motor makes over 80 hp in SM form, so it shouldnt be hard to see this one delivered to our market with at least 50 hp. 8)

·
Registered
337 Posts
a remade banshee with YFZ suspension and 500cc 2-stroke would be insanely sweet. But I dont see it happening with emissions, liability issues with that much power, etc...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Werent they placing a ban on new two strokes being made after a certain year?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Werent they placing a ban on new two strokes being made after a certain year?
Yes, in California they are! :( Even four strokes are having a hard time getting a green sticker. :eek:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The 2 stroke banshee is dead. If it is not an april fool's day joke then they say it is a 500cc engine made with 2 YF250Z cylinders with DOHC or if you want to see it a different way its like taking haldf the engine on an R1. They say that the R1 has 170 hp and that according to them this 500 would be capable of around 85 hp but that it would most likely by limited to 60-70 hp. Hope it is not a prank, would not change my 660 except for a 700 later on.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
note: all 2 strokes arent being made i the usa. but still be found in canada and other countries. look under yamahas web site under canada and they still make the shee and blaster for 2007, they stoped in 2006 for usa.

·
Registered
383 Posts
A lot of people simply think they banned 2 strokes but they technically banned machines that cant meet emissions standards. Most 4 strokes have to run lean out of the factory just to meet the new standards. 07raptorgytr is right, they still sell the banshee and blaster in canada where the standards arent as harsh.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Any pics??? Anyone??

·
Registered
35 Posts
PDX Raptor said:
I would never trade my raptor for a banshee. Sure Banshees are fast, but you better make sure you have your tool bag at all times. Who needs the hassle :3question:
it would be a 4 stroke not a 2

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Here it is:

·
Registered
383 Posts
The funny thing is that they did such a crappy job creating the picture they had to admit in the article it wasnt a real picture.

·
Registered
130 Posts
its not real dirt wheels does this every year!!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
RAPTOR700R450 said:
its not real dirt wheels does this every year!!
What is even more ridiculous is that they did the same joke a couple of years ago, a 500cc banshee!!!

Then it was a twin cylinder 2 stroke with banshee frame and plastics, but c'mon they've completely run out of creativity at the DW camp.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why the heck doesn't someone take a liter bike engine, cut it in half, and stick it in a quad... that would be insane! I'd buy! :) Singles are old school in my book.. But, gotta love the torque I guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts