Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only got 2 of these kits. Baker 4mil crank/rod, 11:1 102mm Wiseco piston/rings/pin/clips, complete 102mm cometic gasket set. About 150 cheaper than buying these parts seperately.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fergus said:
so is the price of these whats in the thred title? (599) does it include everything neded to fit the kit?
yes Sir, 599 is the price. It is everything required except the cylinder bore. I also have main crank bearings but those aren't in the price, the crank comes with one main bearing already pressed on it so that one is new, the one in the right side case is pressed in the case, I have that one in stock if desired.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fergus said:
what sort of HP gain would you see over stock? (this mod alone nothing else, except jetting lol)
To many variables to answer that, I've never dynoed a motor with a stock pipe on it before. It would be a nice power gain, exactly how much I can't say.

·
Registered
177 Posts
any rough idea? im kind of weighing up the diffrence between 2 mods i could do. theres this one or one that will take alot more time effort and $$, for the same price as the other mod i could proly get the 720 and a set of barker duals, but the other mode will make the bike almost uniuke (2of a kind)

just trying to seprate the 2 on the proformance figures

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what your power gain will be. I do know that if the motor had the right carbs/pipes/porting it would be over 70HP and over 50TQ. If you can't afford the head porting right now, the installation of this kit would give you a solid foundation from which to build further.

I don't know what the other mod is you are considering but if it adds a good amount of power I'd consider a connecting rod upgrade as an important part of it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
phucker said:
i think he is thinking about a turbo or supercharger.

dont waste your time, do the internals first to get a good solid base with this kit and make good power. then if you want later on waste your money on a turbo kit.
was gona go with a supercharger, but its gona put to much stress through the stock rod so im gona do the 720, maybe in a couple of months do the supercharger.

does anyone know of a place in the UK that could do the cylinder bore for me?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fergus said:
phucker said:
i think he is thinking about a turbo or supercharger.

dont waste your time, do the internals first to get a good solid base with this kit and make good power. then if you want later on waste your money on a turbo kit.
was gona go with a supercharger, but its gona put to much stress through the stock rod so im gona do the 720, maybe in a couple of months do the supercharger.

does anyone know of a place in the UK that could do the cylinder bore for me?
You can ship your jug to me, I'll bore it for the piston then ship it and the 720 kit back to you.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A new jug is around 240, might be better to find a used jug that can be bored to 102mm, they usually go for a bout 80ish on ebay.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Melon said:
any idea how much power these set ups can handle. i'm not looking to buy right now but later down the road i would be
I assume you're talking about just the crank then? If so, the 4mil cranks/rods are in many 70+HP motors around the country, many of those motors also see nitrous use.

·
Registered
357 Posts
yes i was talking about the crank and rod, i was planing use the go go juice down a track, but still ride the trails without the spray i was thinking like a 25-50 shot of the nitrous

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Melon said:
yes i was talking about the crank and rod, i was planing use the go go juice down a track, but still ride the trails without the spray i was thinking like a 25-50 shot of the nitrous
Have you sprayed a Raptor before? 50 is a huge shot which I would not recommend unless you have a progressive controler. 25-30 would be fine without a controler but I would make sure to buy the fuel pressure safety switch for the kit.

·
Registered
357 Posts
no i have not sprayed the raptor, but i have had 2 drag car set ups with nitrous and i have allways used a psi sayftey switch so it dose not lean out. and i have a progressive controller for the cars, i was thinking just taking spare silonids and and buying a forger nozzile and just use my tank off the car.
thats why i was asking how much it could take i would litterly push it close to it limits with the nitrous at the track but that would only a be 1 day at the track a year of seeing nitrous the rest of the time would be trails

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok good then, you have nitrous expierence. The same rules apply here that apply to cars with octane, timing, fuel pressure etc. If you're planning to put 25 or greater to it, I'd o-ring the cylinder and use a copper head gasket.

·
Registered
357 Posts
that's what i figured but i have no clue how much these things can take. i didn't know if they gave an hp and trq rating on the crank, rod, and piston, like they do with car parts, i still have the stock rod and crank in it right now, so i'm not even thinking about spraying it untill i beef it up.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
8 Posts
CoalShed I'm very interested in your 720 kit for (599) Could you let me know what shipping will be? If you still have any available. Thanx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts