Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been watching videos and talking to some of my friends about the barker's dual exhaust but I ride on my friends land and dont want to make the neighbors angry. I was wondering if they are loud and have a good tone?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I dont think they are overly loud. They sound very deep, IMO. They sound great. They are just loud enough for the neighbors to complain though:( Welcome to the forums:beer:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcoming rappy 97 and I am now thinking about getting a FMF full exhaust or a GYTR full exhaust with the GYTR headers which has a deeper sound?

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Not sure pal...
Someone will know tho.
Sorry about my manners I was side tracked.

Welcome to our forum!
I hope you find it use full and informative if you need any help you can click on my user name and leave me a message or send me a personal message and I will reply ASAP :)
Thanks for choosing Raptor Forum!
~Blue :cool:

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Thanks I do too :)
We will get you set up!

I do know the barkers come optional with quit cores (40 bucks I think)
That would lower them down a bit...

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Please don't buy straight from Barker. Buy through Tech Quad Shop or KB Motorsports, out site sponsers. Good Luck with your choice:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went through the "contact" link on their site last December and asked if any discounts were available. Ended up getting a full blacked out/billet set of duals at a 18% discount from them through their sales manager. Save your $$ and give it a shot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go through TQS when it comes time to get the exhaust. I just ordered a set of DMC's and was very pleased with the service. They are a great source of reliable info and had the best prices of anyone i could find.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The barkers are not that bad with th quiet cores in, I run mine like that all the time b. Of trail db levels, but if you take them out.... It roars

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have barker duals.. Without the quietcores they are very loud, not neighbor friendly at all. I have the quietcores on mine and well.... It's about a 50% reduction at idle... But as soon as you pin the throttle, to me, it's just a loud as without them.

So you'll be bothering your neighbor either way IHMO.

From what I understand though quietcores from different brands can be interchanged since most of them have a similar design. The Trinity quietcores are very good at bringing the sound down (warning: the performance goes down as dramatically as well!).

Pretty sure the trinity cores would fit the barkers...

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
How about with spark arresters, or is it the same thing.
You can either get the 1 piece spark arrestor and quiet core combo, or just get the spark arrestors by themselves. With my old barkers, I ran them with the spark arrestors with no quiet cores, but I kept a set of the QC's in the tool box in case I ever got hassled about the noise. You loose a little HP and Torque with the quiet cores installed, but the sparkies by themselves should change much.

Quiet core and arrestor combo:

Spark arrestor only:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go with barkers there GREAT.their a bit loud but worth it. They sound amazing and if you want the power you ain't gonna go wrong with these pipes

·
Registered
35 Posts
well i have the full GYTR exhaust on my 06' and its pretty loud when i ride thru the neighbor hood you can hear it bouncing off the houses and it has a good rumble to it but i like the dual barkers thinkin of getting a set in a couple months

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
How about with spark arresters, or is it the same thing.
Spark arrestors were gone after my first ride.. Both were completely blown out. Same thing happened on my Trinity single. Not sure what the deal is.. It did make it a bit less loud but it was still pretty obnoxiously loud for someone who doesn't like ATV's :) I had only one for a while on that side so I could compare both sides.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts