Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the db levels of the Barker duals with and without the quiet core and spark arrestor?

Thanks,

Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
its in 1 of the recent post i think it was 92 with and 102 with out. dont quote me but it was close to that.


Capt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
mr Barker told me 104 loud and 94 with the quiet cores. I will check with my db meter next week after i install them.
Shan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I tried to find some numbers on recent posts but to no luck so far. 94 db's would be nice. We need to be below 96 db's in Washington for the trails. Any idea on loss of power with the quiet core installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Lte,s told me 1/2hp on there pipes with quiet cores and barkers said about the same. Im planning on a dyno run. I will know more then.
Shan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shanster said:
Lte,s told me 1/2hp on there pipes with quiet cores and barkers said about the same. Im planning on a dyno run. I will know more then.
Shan
Thanks Shan :thumbsup:
I look forward to hearing your dyno results. Keep us posted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
ok i found it

According to the very nice lady who answers Barker's phones, without quiet cores installed, they are 102db's. Needless to say I ordered the inserts with my pipes. Might be a little loud for Silver Lake without them.


94db with quiet cores in



ok i was close. there ya go..


Capt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
captnkllm said:
ok i found it

According to the very nice lady who answers Barker's phones, without quiet cores installed, they are 102db's. Needless to say I ordered the inserts with my pipes. Might be a little loud for Silver Lake without them.


94db with quiet cores in



ok i was close. there ya go..


Capt
:beer: :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Yeah i ordered the quiet cores to for the Barkers since i dont want to disturb my neighbours to much when im chucking laps but as soon as im out in the bush those babies are coming straight out .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,688 Posts
My guess from riding with and without the quiet cores on my LTE's, it will make more of a HP difference than 1/2HP. I bet it is more like 3-5HP. :'(

I'd hate to disturb a salamander though :banghead:
 

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
I actually went out and bought the same equipment they use at the Oregon Dunes to check my sound levels. There are different RPMs at which they check it, so they say 93db, but for the raptor that is at 3125 RPM, which mine read under 93 without the cores in them. I haven't run a final test after I get the intake on too, because just taking off the lid makes them WAY louder, but when I get the intake I'll run another test. You can find the RPM tables here:

http://mic.org/mic.cfm?spl=2&action=display&pagename=MIC Downloads

Here's another helpfull link:

http://www.4wheelatv.com/detail.asp?id=54

The formula they refer to in this link is the same as the table listed above, but I called the dunes and this is how they test you bike down there EXACTLY!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's exactly what I need :thumbsup:
Please let me know what the sound level is without the lid. That is how I plan to run or at least pretty similar.

Ryan
 

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Once I get my intake and Power commander next week, I'll install them all and take another sound measurement, and post it as Oregon DBs or something like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
what are the drag pipes db,s i was just wondring because i have some coming.
 

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Maybe ask Rocket Factory, but if their drag pipes, don't count on them being legal in regulated areas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
Zebradog said:
I actually went out and bought the same equipment they use at the Oregon Dunes to check my sound levels. There are different RPMs at which they check it, so they say 93db, but for the raptor that is at 3125 RPM, which mine read under 93 without the cores in them. I haven't run a final test after I get the intake on too, because just taking off the lid makes them WAY louder, but when I get the intake I'll run another test. You can find the RPM tables here:

http://mic.org/mic.cfm?spl=2&action=display&pagename=MIC Downloads

Here's another helpfull link:

http://www.4wheelatv.com/detail.asp?id=54

The formula they refer to in this link is the same as the table listed above, but I called the dunes and this is how they test you bike down there EXACTLY!
Do you use the same thing they use to determine RPM......the little wire thing seems weird and the officer that did us said it didn’t matter were it was put on the bike it would still be accurate. We debated that it would be different taking the measurement on the grab bar instead of his spot on the seat......he finally gave in and took one from the bar and it came to rpm sooner but barely resulted in a 1 db change.....
 

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Yea, I got it from a lawnmower shop, for $25. It's pretty rinky, but it works off of harmonics of the engine, so you extend the wire out to the RPMs you want, and it starts to make a circle, then you know you have the RPMs. I can't get the stupid thing to stay on the seat, it keeps falling off when the vibration gets higher. What pipes did they test of yours and what did they come out as. I want to test my LTEs without cores and see how they fare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
Mine idled at 100 and was 106 at 3100rpm without the tip, with the tip it was 95, he said was ok because they give you a 2 DB leeway. That was a Two Brothers M7 with P4 tip and I blew 40% of my packing out about an hour before I ran into him. We had a 660 test at 98 with a Yoshi no tip, yz250 96db pro cicuit, pit bike 97db.

He held that thing on the seat with his finger and had one of us hold the db meter

 

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
A 2db leeway huh? I haven't heard that before. I have been wondering about how they got it to stay on there, we started to use masking tape. My wife's Z400 passes without a core at like 91, and the LTE's seemed to pass at 91-92 without the cores, but as I said, I need to get the intake and power commander hooked up and see what changes.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top