Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see many threads on the barker duals....to much to filter through....so I wil ask on a new thread

I am getting (next week) a new Raptor I want some bolt on mods right away

Pipe
controller
air box lid with filter

So if I go with the barker duals I WILL need to get a controller with a remap correct?

Where can I get that package (pipes, controller and map)
I hear the PCIII Power commander is best,
are they available now with a remap for barker?

I am thinking I will go with the UNI filter?

am I missing anything? maybe 15T sprocket?
I am a woods and field rider no MX does this sound good will i get good preformace with this setup?

Thanks
;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sontag_Slim said:
1. So if I go with the barker duals I WILL need to get a controller with a remap correct?

2. Where can I get that package (pipes, controller and map)
I hear the PCIII Power commander is best,
are they available now with a remap for barker?

3. I am thinking I will go with the UNI filter?

am I missing anything? maybe 15T sprocket?
I am a woods and field rider no MX does this sound good will i get good preformace with this setup?

Thanks
;)

1. yes you have to have it, get the pc111
2. you can get it from tim barker, coalshed racing or the rocket factory
get the pro-flo setup or something along those lines

G

·
fuelmoto has the pcIII
the group buy on the barkers going on right now includes the map so you dont have to pay extra for one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
312 Posts
If I just do trail riding and some sand for fun would dual exhaust be just overkill? I dont ever plan on racing or anything serious I just ride for fun.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sanbullet said:
duals are over rated unless you have a built motor there are some very good single pipes out there
and why would you say that? what do you mean "over rated"

thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
sand bullet, try this, put one straw in your mouth and breath threw it then put two straws in a breath through them, which way works better? and getting 12 hp from duals on a stock engine is a hell of a lot better than any single wil do.

so my questions to you are how are the duals over rated? and are you afraid of power?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
phucker said:
sand bullet, try this, put one straw in your mouth and breath threw it then put two straws in a breath through them, which way works better? and getting 12 hp from duals on a stock engine is a hell of a lot better than any single wil do.

so my questions to you are how are the duals over rated? and are you afraid of power?
12hp...at what RPM? If it's near 7500rpm it's not (a hell of a lot better than any single). LRD's single will get you a increase of 10.4 hp at 7400rpm. Show me what it does at 4000,5000,and 6000rpm.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
sanbullet said:
duals are over rated unless you have a built motor there are some very good single pipes out there

When my engine was internally stock I picked up 12.44 HP & 12.33 TQ over stock HP and TQ with the combination of the PCIII GYT-R filter and the LTE duals, the increase was spread across all area's of the usable curve. The singles may get close on peak HP but the curve is no where near as good. I look at the curve and don't pay much attention to the peak HP numbers. Run what you want, but the duals with out a doubt flow better and produce more HP and TQ over a broader curve, this has been proven on the dyno and in real world conditions many times 8)

Randy

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
SUB454 said:
phucker said:

12hp...at what RPM? If it's near 7500rpm it's not (a hell of a lot better than any single). LRD's single will get you a increase of 10.4 hp at 7400rpm. Show me what it does at 4000,5000,and 6000rpm.

I saw the biggest gain at 6500 RPM 50.44 WHP which was 12.44 HP over stock with my LTE's and they were still putting out 48 WHP at 7000 Rpm They say the Barkers will do even better :thumbsup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Go the barkers if you can wait till next month there will be a unbias dyno on all 3 dual exhausts on a stock raptor so we all can see the true results .
Testing
PC III with a K+N Proflow with the 3 main exhausts
LTE's , Barkers and DMC should be really good

·
Registered
379 Posts
Crafty Steve said:
Go the barkers if you can wait till next month there will be a unbias dyno on all 3 dual exhausts on a stock raptor so we all can see the true results .
Testing
PC III with a K+N Proflow with the 3 main exhausts
LTE's , Barkers and DMC should be really good
Yeh, and I'm tipping that the DMC's will give a very good account of themselves :thumbsup:

Why?.......................

Well because that's what I've got :grin_nod:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
phucker said:
thank you randy.
I was not putting the Barker duals down. Hell, if i had an extra $695.00 I'd probably buy them today, but I'm saving for my motor build. All I was saying is, It's nice to know where in the RPM range you are talking about when you start talking HP increase.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
dizheafta said:
better price than that going on right now(hint group buy) :thumbsup:Listen to randy he knows his stuff 8)
I know the group buy price, but like i said I'm saving for my motor build. My last post was in response to Phucker not randy, and yes I do listen and respect what Randy has to say on this forum.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
SUB454 said:
dizheafta said:
better price than that going on right now(hint group buy) :thumbsup:Listen to randy he knows his stuff 8)
I know the group buy price, but like i said I'm saving for my motor build. My last post was in response to Phucker not randy, and yes I do listen and respect what Randy has to say on this forum.

Thanks, that goes both ways, :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts