Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's a question I should already know the answer to..... Do the Barkers come with spark arrestors or do you have to order them in addition to the exhausts? I have my Barkers in already I just haven't gotten to even open the box yet :( I've been working 7 days a week and any off time I am putting up new fencing and garage to store my toys.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( What kind of price am I looking at? Anyone have an idea?? I'm sure someone has bought the spark arrestors. :help:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:confused: For a screen???? I see where they make the profit at :eek:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill give that a try since I just bought the pipes, pc3, and trinity intake and then the black labels for the barkers from them.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I hope not I don't want the quiet core....I like them LOUD! I just want the spark arrestor because when I ride at Wayne National forest they are required or they can like take your quad from what I've heard. Good luck with that I would be gone....................... But if they are connected I will just make my own. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
1FastRaptorSE said:
Oh I hope not I don't want the quiet core....I like them LOUD! I just want the spark arrestor because when I ride at Wayne National forest they are required or they can like take your quad from what I've heard. Good luck with that I would be gone....................... But if they are connected I will just make my own. :grin_nod:
They are connected, I have them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well thank you everyone with the help I guess Im going to have to fabricate for this one. Im definitly not paying $40 and I don't want the quiet core just the arrestor. :thumbsup:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Hey, I bought the approved screen for making them, it's called 30 mesh, or 30 holes per sq inch; and it's stainless. If you just want spartk arresters, let me know, I can make some for you, and I'm sure we can work something out, and I'll just mail them to you. I had the same problem when I just wanted them, they only make them in one piece, so i went and special ordered 3 sq ft of this stuff; way more than I can use. I already made some for mine, so I can just retrace them and make another set. Let me know, if you live in the NW even better. The spark arresters drop the sound level by about 4 db, I measured 101 without and 97 with.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live in Ohio, how much did it cost you for the screen though? Also I was just looking at your setup and what the hell is a flux-cap ?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I cut my quiet cores apart a few years ago so that they were just the screen part.

I'm wondering if there'd be any interest in a quiet core group buy, and whether we could get any kind of deal since I'd like to get close to Forestry legal again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I suppose if the price was right I would buy the quiet cores too. :ripped:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
1FastRaptorSE said:
I live in Ohio, how much did it cost you for the screen though? Also I was just looking at your setup and what the hell is a flux-cap ?
The Flux Capacitor is what makes time travel possible. :) I coule sell you the spark arrester for $15 shipped probably

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm not sure were you guy's ride, but even with the quiet core's these's pipes aren't what you would call "quiet". Don't get me wrong I thought they still sound good with them, without pissing off the local's, or drawing the attention of the DNR.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I believe TechQuad is in process of making some just spark arrestors for these. Also I have been told that Barker is in process of making them as well. It was a couple of weeks ago that I heard about Barker making them and they said they should have them in a couple of weeks so not too much longer I would think.

I made a set for about $5 out of Stainless screen, high temp gasket material and High Temp silicone. Just sandwiched the screen between about 4 layers of gasket material with some high temp silicone between each layer. Of course I cut it all to match the size of the pocket in the muffler. Works pretty well and looks good but I would rather have something made for it.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Yea, LTE chages 13 each, I made mine for about $15, I had to find the stainless material that was the approved forrest service size, and that took the most time. The I had to order a minimum of 3 squar feet. I pressed them in the tips, and cut them out, then just bolted them down to the tips; the LTEs didn't have gaskets, so I figured the barkers didn't need them either.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts