Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Going broke one quad upgrade at a time
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I know this is a retarded question, but I have two types of plugs, one is FMF, one is Yoshi, and both are to small to fit into my barker duals. I need a plug for these things.. Anyone have a suggestion for one that fits?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
With the spark arrestors in I don't think any of them will fit. They don't work in my 660's old style endcaps anyway because the spark arrestors stick out too far.

I picked up some from RMATV that fit in there just fine without a spark arrestor or quiet core in. I believe they were the "raven" model.

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Ok, so I know this is a retarded question, but I have two types of plugs, one is FMF, one is Yoshi, and both are to small to fit into my barker duals. I need a plug for these things.. Anyone have a suggestion for one that fits?
Big ones that rocky mountian sell is what i use on my barkers. I dont run spark arrester screens in mine. but if you do you can do a little trimming to make them work for you. I also put a nylon rope tieing both plugs to gether that way you keep them together.;)

·
Registered
701 Posts
What r the plugs used for? I mean what do the do for the exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
They keep things out of the exhaust. Things like water when washing it, the elements when keeping it outdoors, and small animals and the like when storing it.

·
732 Posts

·
732 Posts
:joke:

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd love to find a big mouth wine bottle like that. LOL. Unfortunately I'll be pussing out and running quiet cores with the spark arrestors. I took mine out for a day without and seriously gave me a headache. LOL.. I know I know.. But it's just easier than getting the tickets for spark and noise too.. Might as well have it in and just keep it there. So, I think I'll be picking up some big ones and doing some trimming.

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the spark arrestors in I don't think any of them will fit. They don't work in my 660's old style endcaps anyway because the spark arrestors stick out too far.

I picked up some from RMATV that fit in there just fine without a spark arrestor or quiet core in. I believe they were the "raven" model.

BTW.. I really like your pic Mike.. Is that just kickin back relaxin and thinkin, or are you watchin your quad drive away from you after a whipe out. LOL.. I do like the dunes for more than just riding, nice place to think and clear your head!

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
30-50mm plugs work great. We have some DRC ones that we carry. Like Mike said it will on work without a sparky
Hey Steve, can I trim those down to fit with my sparky's and quiet cores? Might have to order some and have you ship them up with my bumper if it comes to you first. Did you see my Thread on Customer Service, Gave you a good review man! Decided to post up my two cents after watchin people post bad reviews of some places without ever contacting them to make it right. See what ya think..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts