Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the barkers from tony at geisick perf along with the pcIII and the trinity intake. i was just looking at the dynojet website and i dont see a map for the barkers am i in trouble or no?? or does someone have a map?? :help:

·
Registered
262 Posts
just use the map for the lte pipes. Later on I'm sure someone will share there barker map

·
Registered
204 Posts
I guess I forgot to tell you. The PCIII will come with the map you need already installed. All you will need to do is install the intake, exhaust, and PCIII and you will be ready to run. You don't need to mess with the fuel maps!

·
Registered
902 Posts
So, is the map the same for the LTE's and the in-frame Barkers?

·
Registered
210 Posts
How different are the maps between the LTE's and the Barker's? Both pipes are similar in routing and diameter. :confused:

G

·
according to jason at RF the LTE map isnt the same cause its too much fuel at idle and will foul plugs. Thats why theres a barker map that he dynoed the pipes that the group buy guys got. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
dizheafta said:
according to jason at RF the LTE map isnt the same cause its too much fuel at idle and will foul plugs. Thats why theres a barker map that he dynoed the pipes that the group buy guys got. :thumbsup:
Interesting. :sherlock:

That kinda tells me that the extra fuel required for the LTE's means that they are better at scavenging exhaust gasses than the Barker's. Which also means that the LTE's probably will prove to out perform the Barker's on a well built motor as well. ;)

Just thinking out loud. 8)

·
Registered
815 Posts
RaptorAZ - - on a WELL BUILT MOTOR ?!?!?!?!? Rocket factory tested the Barkers against the LTE's on their 804.... that is a WELL BUILT MOTOR - and the Barkers out-performed the LTE's.... so i have to completely disagree with your statement RAPTORAZ...

Plattner

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I just analyzed our two maps and the barker is actually richer at idle and lower RPM's. I pulled our plug as well and it is in perfect shape

·
Registered
261 Posts
The bottom line is how they perform side by side in a as close to perfect racing situation, and thats going to happen tommorow at Glamis.

I'm leaving in a hour and RapFam is already there.

A dyno sheet and he said/she said means nothing.

·
Registered
815 Posts
SWEET - do you have a raptor 700 with the exact same mods and one of them does - except for swapping the LTE's and Barkers ? ? ?

Please make sure and keep us informed..

Plattner

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
plattner said:
SWEET - do you have a raptor 700 with the exact same mods and one of them does - except for swapping the LTE's and Barkers ? ? ?
Ya, its gotta be exact. Same tires, you guys close to the same weight, same skillness of rider ect or else it doesnt really say anything. I can kill my friend on his big bore 660 without even trying but he sucks at riding. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
639 Posts
RAPTORAZ said:
How different are the maps between the LTE's and the Barker's? Both pipes are similar in routing and diameter. :confused:
well i was helping tim install his pipes onto his 700, he was busy so i figured i would remap the pc111 with the lte map. so i did it and took it for a quick spin (yes i drove the first ever in-frames) and after racing down the road i looked at the exhaust and it was almost see through it was so hot. so the lte map is not nearly correct for the barkers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
plattner said:
RaptorAZ - - on a WELL BUILT MOTOR ?!?!?!?!? Rocket factory tested the Barkers against the LTE's on their 804.... that is a WELL BUILT MOTOR - and the Barkers out-performed the LTE's.... so i have to completely disagree with your statement RAPTORAZ...

Plattner
I had not heard about RF dynoing their 804 with both pipes. I had only heard about their stock motored test. :simmadown:

In any event, a race between an LTE equipped Raptor and a Barker equipped Raptor will come down to rider weight and ability. As the 1-2 HP difference means little. I have been beaten, and so has many other Rappy's and YFZ's, by my cousin's 700(who only has a DR D. slip-on) many times in a 300 foot drag. Why? Because the guy is the Holeshot King! And the races, on the flats or the hills, typically aren't long enough to gain back the 3-4 lengths he grabs right from the start.

·
Registered
868 Posts
So who would like to send me a new map 8)

I ran the LTE map last weekend because I HAD to ride, it had been too long :crazy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts