Raptor Forum banner

Barker in-frame duals

960 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  fast rap 
#1 ·
Are they making them for the 660? I've only seen reference to the 700. Also, RAPTORAZ pointed out that the barker duals are smaller in diameter compared to LTE's. Does anyone have any comparative dyno sheets?

I've been hearing a lot of talk about quality issues with LTE.

#2 ·
no plans to make in-frames for the 660, I think Tim would do it if the demand signal was there. I once had LTEs but I was never happy with the fit so I sold them and bought Barkers (before I was a Barker dealer). Took me about 50 feet to get used to riding trails with the Barkers, I've never burned myself on the Barkers.

#4 ·
It seems like most people are ok with the out-of-frame duals. I'd like duals but I'm not at all impressed with all the negative feedback I've heard about LTE.

Plus I think the barkers are cheaper than the LTE. I just have a feeling I would burn my leg doing motocross because I hug the quad with my leg when I lean into turns.

#5 ·
wish i would have known about duals (and this site, for that matter) before i bought my single exhaust. I have had my CT for less than three months and i already want to get duals... I'm still happy with the CT, but duals look so much better. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

#7 ·
CoalShedRacing said:
no plans to make in-frames for the 660, I think Tim would do it if the demand signal was there. I once had LTEs but I was never happy with the fit so I sold them and bought Barkers (before I was a Barker dealer). Took me about 50 feet to get used to riding trails with the Barkers, I've never burned myself on the Barkers.
according to tim, it isnt feasable to make in frames on the 660 because of the carbs, they have to go outside of the frame a couple of times and the amount that it is inside the frame doesnt make it good enought for the hassle, plus the out of frames flow much better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.