Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well we didnt have enough time at the dyno today to get it perfect but we got it fairly close. these are just preliminary dyno results on a completely stock raptor 700 with a pc111, tim and i think we can get them better as we need to tune the exhaust and adjust the air/fuel ratios a bit more. i dont know how this compares to lte or dmc because i have not found a dyno sheet of them yet so if anyone has one let me know because i am interested to see how they compare.

stock hp

this is the best run we had for hp with lid off and pro-flo

stock torque

barkers torque

·
Registered
657 Posts
Looking at that I would say LTE is in trouble, I think they only got to 51 on a stock motor.

I know this is with a PCIII and pro flow but was it a K&N or Foam filter?

Also if there is still tuning to do, all I have to say is WOW!

Jay

·
Registered
262 Posts
As you can see from the stock dyno numbers a stock bike on that dyno dyno'd at 44 WHP and got 11 WHP about what RaptorRandys bike did with his LTE's so its the same like everyone thought it would be Have to see LTE's ran on the same bike to know the real difference I'm sure it would be different

·
Registered
657 Posts
I don't dissagree however, if you get the same power out of these you are better off. I am not wanting to fight or argue but these are said to fit the SE with no dings and dents. You get the just of what I am saying. IMO from what I have seen so far, I think they look better also.

Again, Just one mans opinion,
Jay

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
desdak4 said:
Looking at that I would say LTE is in trouble, I think they only got to 51 on a stock motor.

I know this is with a PCIII and pro flow but was it a K&N or Foam filter?

Also if there is still tuning to do, all I have to say is WOW!

Jay

Before you make that statement Look at what there stock HP and TQ numbers are.

I only got 38 RWHP on my stock 700R with a PCIII on the Dyno I was on with dyno tires, and the tq was no where near 39.3 it was 35.0 All dyno's read a little different so lets look strictly at the HP and TQ gained.

At the end of the day with the LTE's I got 50.44 RWHP and 48 ft lbs of TQ with the lid off on the Dyno Jet eddi current dyno we used.

lets do our best comapre apples to apples.
Barkers Dyno with their 700R

55.0 HP with Barkers and PCIII
44.5 stock
10.5 HP gained

TQ 50.3 with Barkers and PCIII
TQ stock 39.3
TQ gained 11

My local eddie current Dyno with my 700R
50.44 with LTE's and PCIII
38.0 stock
HP gained 12.44

TQ 48.33
Stock TQ 36.0
Tq gained 12.33

Now this is not a sceintific comparison obviousley as this would have to be done with both exhaust on the same dyno on the same day on the samer bike to get a fair comparison. all machines are going to react to mods by slightly different amounts. So all I am doing is pointing out what I got with my dyno test back in Jan of 06 on a stingy eddie current dyno.

When I get the time and money I will test the Barkers out on my new 780 and when I see the results I will choose the system that makes the best overall curve on my machine.

I'm not married to these LTE's and quite frankly I hope the Barkers will make the better curve on my duner as I like the looks and the fit and finish better than the LTE's except for the sideways cans. I wish the oval was vertical, but I understand why it's not and if they make better power on my machine I can live with that.
But from what I can see initially the LTE's are going to be tough to beat. Just my 02

Randy

·
Registered
657 Posts
No need to read to far into my statement. These pipes apear to be right at the LTEs power wise. All I am saying is that if the power is the same why would I buy the LTE duals with all of the mentioned fitmit problems on the SE? That is where I get that statement. Again just my Opinion nothing scientific about it.

Jay

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
desdak4 said:
No need to read to far into my statement. These pipes apear to be right at the LTEs power wise. All I am saying is that if the power is the same why would I buy the LTE duals with all of the mentioned fitmit problems on the SE? That is where I get that statement. Again just my Opinion nothing scientific about it.

Jay

Re read what I stated at the bottom of my post

I'm not married to these LTE's and quite frankly I hope the Barkers will make the better curve on my duner as I like the looks and the fit and finish better than the LTE's except for the sideways cans. I wish they the oval way vertical, but I understand why it's not and if they make better power on my machine I can live with that.
But from what I can see initially the LTE's are going to be tough to beat. Just my 02

Randy

I'm not telling anyone what to do or choose I am just putting in my 2 cents worth based on the info I see and the info I have from my Dyno session on my 700R It's up to you to choose what's best for you.

The Barkers will be a good solid choice for anyone wanting a set of Duals :thumbsup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I read it. I also trust your opinion very much. I mostly speeking from an SE owners perspective. I hope they get a good tune with more sheets very soon as I have been researching since Dec and need to order in in two weeks.

Jay

·
Registered
793 Posts
Barker said he was hoping to gain about 12 or 13 hp from what he said .. which would be around the same as the LTE's. If he has some more "twriking" to do to get better numbers .. lets just wait and see. Also .. Im pretty sure it will be another whole comparison if you start internal mods.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Those maps look attractive but I will stick with my LTE's and Randy's PC3 tune. The curve is better on randy's map, I believe he said it was still making 48rwhp at 6.5 thousand RPM. Correct me if I am wrong Randy. 8)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
desdak4 said:
I read it. I also trust your opinion very much. I mostly speeking from an SE owners perspective. I hope they get a good tune with more sheets very soon as I have been researching since Dec and need to order in in two weeks.

Jay
Thanks I apreciate the complement.
I don't think you can go wrong with the Barkers :thumbsup:

I am real anxious to see how they perform on a build like mine as both Mark H at Kenz and myself were suprised at how well the LTE's did on my 780 build.

But from what I have seen lately the LTE's that are coming out today are not of the same quality, fit & finish as what they were when I got mine which is unfortunate.

I think you would do well to go with the Barkers for your application and that's my Honest opinion as I think Tim will make some minor tweaks and the Barkers will have the better fit and finish and the performance will be great.

Randy

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Desdak4,
Just thought I would mention that the rear shock on the SE is the same as the rear shock on all the 07's. It is a problem for all 07's not just SE. I have seen you post that many times and thought I would point it out for you. It might lead others to incorrect thinking.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Machy said:
Those maps look attractive but I will stick with my LTE's and Randy's PC3 tune. The curve is better on randy's map, I believe he said it was still making 48rwhp at 6.5 thousand RPM. Correct me if I am wrong Randy. 8)

It was still making 48 RWHP at 7000 RPM on my machine on the Dyno we did all the testing and maping on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Desdak4,
Just thought I would mention that the rear shock on the SE is the same as the rear shock on all the 07's. It is a problem for all 07's not just SE. I have seen you post that many times and thought I would point it out for you. It might lead others to incorrect thinking.
Then way is only the SE the one that needs the ding in the LTE pipes? I am pretty sure they are different. If I am wrong thanks and if I'm not thanks for looking out anyway.

Jay

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well if anyone wants to donate a set of lte's to dyno on tims quad i think i could steal his quad from him and take it back to the same dyno and run the lte's map on it and see what numbers it gets. the dyno we use is independant and it is not tims. is there anyone who lives in southern michigan that might want to do this? i would have to clear it with tim first and this is only my idea.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I only want to know the final tuned number and what not of Barkers exhaust so i can order it. The LTE pipes make good power but you just hear of way to many problems. I like the way the cans look on the Barkers.

Jay

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
phucker said:
well if anyone wants to donate a set of lte's to dyno on tims quad i think i could steal his quad from him and take it back to the same dyno and run the lte's map on it and see what numbers it gets. the dyno we use is independant and it is not tims. is there anyone who lives in southern michigan that might want to do this? i would have to clear it with tim first and this is only my idea.

I just can't be without my LTE's for any period of time or I would help you out there. Riding season is here in the great Northwest 8)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Anyone have a link to a picture of the Barkers?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts