Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellers & Ladies,
To day i installed my kik azz Barkers duals for my rappy 700. Everything went fine, except for one thing. On the left side, right where the header and muffller pipe connect, the pipe touches a group of wires???

I tried a piece of asbestos like/rubber gasket material for a heat shield. But it still didnt do the trick.

Has anyone had this problem??

Any suggestions to fix this problem??

* in the pics, i still have the gasket installed

Attachments

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Put heat shielding on the wires and zip tie them as far away as possible, shouldn't be a problem. And take those stupid hose clamps off your pipes so that you can rotate them toward the frame. Just loosen the head pipe mounting bolts and they have a small range of motion.

Agreed, I would think Barker would have at least addressed this in the install instructions by now, maybe include some insulating tape or something. I didn't find it particularly hard to figure out, but it seems to come up every couple weeks on the forum.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
yeah it is what it is and it be what it be.

Their all like that... It's probly touchin ur STOCK sprocket gard too.

HEAT TAPE the stuff thats close to the pipes.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Wow, that is really packed in there. Did you get the black cans? Welcome to the forum. There are alot of really helpful people. Does your brother own any land to ride on around here?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I tied my back in the middle of the frame as far as I could, I also took a razor and cut some of the sprocket guard back bc the barker melted it a little.

So far no issues with the wires or the cover

·
Registered
749 Posts
if you do just as tim said you'll get a lot more clearance. mine looks similar to Blue's pic he posted. i have about an inch of clearance from the wires and mine doesn't touch the sprocket guard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone for the response, and the welcomes :)

I ordered the standard bores. How can i tell the difference between standard and BB???

Im just gonna have to remove that side, clean up the ugly metal bands, and see if i cant gain any room. I will still probably heat tape the wires and zip tie them away.

The pipes do look, sound, and perform great tho!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the same exact problem.. it's very tight.

I put heat wrap for my exhaust and wrapped that side around the wires and since that day it's fine.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Are yours big bore? Cuz mine are not that tight.
No they are not big bores. Yours are the old style his is the new style. I had the same problem when I installed my dads pipes for him and they do not want to move away from the wires even with the bolts loose. The only way I could fix it was and it will take two people leave the bolts loose and put a rag on the case and a rag on the pipe and get a big ass screwdriver. Take the big ass screwdriver between the rags so you don't scratch anything and pry that bitch up away from the case. While one person holds the pipe up away from the case the other tightens the bolts. So far my dads has stayed up and I like that the pipe is not resting on the case.

·
Registered
473 Posts
On my own bike I went DMC 4's no issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, all is better. I just had to loosen the header nuts, lightly lift the pipe for clearance and tighten the nuts back down.

Everything works like a charm now!!!! Complete operator error on this install.

So thanks BARKER!!! The quads runs great, and pulls like crazy :wow:

Thanks to all of you that replied, i appreciate it.

:beer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts