Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking because I noticed the left pipe on my 2010 Raptor 700SE was actually touching the wires coming out just above the sprocket cover. I wrapped the exhaust with some exhaust wrap but not sure if that'll be enough, even with the ceramic coating. Just wondered if anyone else had an issue with this and what you did to prevent that wire from melting. Looks like I'll have to trim the rear plastic a bit too, no biggy there really.

That reminds me, the MSD Blaster mounted on a FCI airbox seemed really tight against the wiring harness coming from the the toolbox area. Anyone had any issues with it rubbing through the wires there?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Get some zip ties, and pull your wires back. Before you do, just wrap them with some good ol' heat tape! Looks like foil, and works great. I've never had a problem out of my Barker's since I mounted them.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Yea just zip tie em out of the way, I almost melted mine too

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same problem. just go to a store like auto zone or advance and buy some heat wrap. it looks like a chaff wrap that is silver in color. works really good and its like 20 bucks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, I used some on the exhaust. Single wrapped it but it still melted the rubber wrap on the wires a bit so I double wrapped that part of the exhaust. Hoping that does the trick.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Ya, I used some on the exhaust. Single wrapped it but it still melted the rubber wrap on the wires a bit so I double wrapped that part of the exhaust. Hoping that does the trick.
Exhaust wrap, and heat tape are two different things. Also different textures, material, and colors. Use exhaust wrap on the exhaust itself. You use heat tape to wrap the wires.

·
Registered
863 Posts
This is exactly what i did when i had barkers. problem solved
Get some zip ties, and pull your wires back. Before you do, just wrap them with some good ol' heat tape! Looks like foil, and works great. I've never had a problem out of my Barker's since I mounted them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts