Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just wrapped my exhausts with exhaust wrap and my hands are itching/stinging like crazy...i just want to know is this going to happen every time i ride... like after the headers/exhaust heat up and the exhaust wrap burns am i still going to get stinged?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Exhaust wrap is normally made with fiberglass and ceramic fibers.. Thats why you are itching. Use luke warm water and wash off with soap. Next time you mess with fiberglass dust yourself with talc powder. The fibers wont inbed in your skin..

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Exhast wrap is normally made with fiberglass and ceramic fibers.. Thats why you are itching. Use luke warm water and wash off with soap. Next time you mess with fiberglass dust yourself with talc powder. The fibers wont inbed in your skin..
Spot on melon! We need more people like you around. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! :D but like when i ride the fiberglass is going to fly on my legs... or is this going to stop when the wrap catches heat...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! :D

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
or wear work gloves while handling exhaust wrap..............

·
Registered
594 Posts
and soak it in water first, makes it much easier to use and you'll get better results. Oh and don't pressure wash it. if you do ues the lowest pressure tip you have and don't get too close or you'll cut it.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
DUEL pipes will put you at 92hp

·
Registered
662 Posts
i got peanut butter on my hands, will my hands always be gooey? whats best way to remove? I thought about washing off with koolaid but then my hands would be sticky?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
duaanne where are you from if your in the gulf i can give you a good place

1 - 19 of 19 Posts