Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Location Moses lake WA
07 700 raptor. Barkers with quiet cores ,trinity intake ESH racing lid PCIII map by Barkers. 15 Tooth renthal, Sand Stars 20 in
Inital thought OMFG this thing has some nuts :thumbsup:
They just happened to put a sand drag in front of were we were parked. Tree staging lites and finish lites the whole marry Ann.
second gear starts front shocks as low as possible rear shock stock position . It took a few races to get the hang of it (still winning) then Kicking ass and taking names. 8) :thumbsup: modded yfz450's by the bundle moded 660 raptors 1 bad ass sand rail. Multiple Banshies stock and modded. My head swelled to mamoth proportions until i called out an all crome Banshee (you know the one $15,000 custom paint) he took me by 3 bike lengths :mad: I talked to him 75 RWHP with a +6 rear swing arm and huge Haulers.
I was known as the twin pipe guy(on the hill)by the end of the day and people quit racing me :grin_nod:

Questions how do i keep the front end down? :3question:
How can I inprove on the hp without allot of engine work?
Were can i get a boat anchor so my freinds can keep up?
After 2 days hard riding on a new plug how does it look

Thanks Shan

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
sounds like its time for cams or porting! Plug looks great after a week of riding :thumbsup:

let us know when your ready to go the next step.

·
Registered
123 Posts
if u wanna keep the front down put a longer swing arm on there, but if u dont wanna spend the $ or not be so long u can try a lowering kit in the front and then just ride the gas tank.

if u ride sand only, you can cut out your airbox and just run a straight filter with an outwear. that makes a nice improvement and its what i run. you could also throw in a stage one hot cam, that doesnt take much work and it drops in. youll probably end up wanting a HC piston to compliment that though, then youll wanna port too (its an addiction). you can also lighten the bike by puttin a new axle on handlebars and other stuff.

if u want ur friends to keep up, tell them to buy a raptor 700 haha

and sorry i cant tell you how the plug should look on the second day, but theres a chart with pictures of plugs in different conditions on the "look here" thread thats stickied.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Nice work on beating up the modded 450's and Banshee's, Don't you love the brute power of these 700's? Sounds like you should upgrade (like i'm doing) and get a longer swingarm to keep the front end headed towards the finish line. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Now thats a result i wanted to hear lol , 450s eating dust sounds great cant wait for mine to turn up since my mate has a yfz450 he will get a rude awakening by the sound of things :grin_nod:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts