Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How close the motor on the left side are the barkers coming on your bikes. Mine are close enough that three peices of paper fit in there snug, is that about right?

Jay

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Re: Barkers left side

Mines close but not that close, try loosening everything up and positioning them for clearance, then tighten everything up.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The silencers are like spot on in the same location on both sides.

The only things I have noticed is the left side very close to the motor where it humps over like I mentioned and the right side header swings out from the motor further than the left which appears to be by design.

Jay

·
Registered
902 Posts

I believe the exhaust ports on the head are angled to the right so, this forces the header on the right to make a wider arc out to prevent a hard 180-degree turn. . . that's why the header on the left is closer in to the engine. . .

On the left side as it goes over the magneto, it is close. . . Whole thing is real tight. . .

·
Registered
17,851 Posts

yeah, it was REAL tight on the left, but I ended up w/ about 1/4+ gap over the magneto

·
Registered
478 Posts

SUB454 said:
I've got about 3/16 of a gap. So, do yours line up even? The left side of mine sits lower then the right, plus it extended's about 1/2" farther then the right :mad:
Looks exactly like mine did. Loosen up the bolt that holds the strap on the left one and then I grabbed the end of the can and held it upas much as possible and then re-tightened the bold and got it to be higher than the right side so then just lowered it a bit. I wrestled with the connection to the head pipe, loosened the nuts on the head stud and couldnt get it to line up but once I truned attention to the strap and bolt it lined up no problem.
Still have not gotten them to stick out the same though mine are staggered about the same amount. When I lifted the can to raise it and tighten it I also pushed in before I tightened it up and it helped a little. Now I am only off by about 1/4"-1/2".
Funny thing is I noticed it all the time but everyone else that looks at the bike can get over how nice the pipes are and never even notice until I show them!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yep, I noticed tonight I can get some more room just by taking that boot loose and pushing the tip down a little. It doesn't touch so I am not going to go crazy just get a little bit more room.

Jay

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts

Mine don't rub until they get hot, and then they touch the crank case, I will have to adjust them a little more.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Yeah mine is really close too i am now looking to pull it off and heat wrap the exhaust on that side as it has burnt the starter cord a little on the weekend and i even had some fire blanket wrapped around it . but my mufflers are at a even height at the back but the left can does stick out a little more than the right but not by much . i will post some pics when im done as its going to the dyno tommorrow then i will have another look at it .

·
Registered
241 Posts

heres some pics

·
Registered
224 Posts

damn that is pretty close...here is a pic of mine...it took longer to get my stock one off than it did to you put the barkers on...the only thang i had to do is zip tie some wires to get them away from the left side

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

My rear heatshield on the left also touches the plastic a little, I think I just need to loosen things up and fine tune it a little bit.

Jay

·
Registered
224 Posts

yea mine is kinda touching the plastic too but my plastic aint tight its just kinda put in place...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,359 Posts

desdak4 said:
My rear heatshield on the left also touches the plastic a little, I think I just need to loosen things up and fine tune it a little bit.

Jay
Mine touches too, but I'm leaving it. I'm going to just trim the plastic a bit, instead of rotating the pipe inwards(which would put the pipe closer to the wire bundle on that side)

·
Registered
17,851 Posts

Same here w/ the rear left side heat shield. I am going to just shave my heat shield down a bit.. I'd rather do that than the plastics.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, so I got the PCIII put in and the trinity Intake w/no lid, I adjusted the Left Barker for clearence and went out and gave her a little run in the drive way (idle and stab the throttle) for about 3-5 minutes. I first noticed a very high idle, then the pipes bronzed very quick, the left pipe dropped and started rubbing and finnally the left one started SMOKING?

Jay

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Smoke coming off brand new pipes is normal. There are hand prints / factory oil / cleaning stuff etc burning off for the first few heat cycles, after your first long ride the burning and itching will go away :grin_nod: Consult your doctor if itching persists :thumbsup:

Just make sure your plastics or wires arent burning, but the pipes themselves smoking a bit when they are brand new is normal.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was coming OUT of the pipes. I am thinking maybe this is normal too?

How do we adjust the idle on these things?

Jay

1 - 20 of 28 Posts