Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that whenever i ride a wierd chattering noise coming from under the clutch cover. Is the clutch basket getting groves worn in the dogs? Who makes good cluch baskets, Wiseco? Also ill go ahead and change the cluch to maby a barnett, with kevlar, and new stronger springs. Are their any other thing to do when its torn apart?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Make sure your oil pump and water pump are in good shape since your pulling the cover off. What year wheeler is it? I wouldn't think you'd hear any "chattering" coming from the clutch area unless one of those is bad. Should be your clutch "chattering." Check your pumps out first.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I've gotten some info about the kevlar that indicates they aren't a good choice for motors with shared wet clutches. That said I can't point you to a scientific study to prove such information so take it with a grain of salt.

Wiseco makes good baskets, as does Hinson who also makes the GYTR parts.

If you're still using the stock shifter and linkage try adjusting it, it may not be able to go all the way up/down as easily as it should. Also make sure that you're actually able to fully disengage the clutch, basically hold the clutch all the way in and put it in first and see if it tries to move.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would also like to say that I do believe Hinson makes the Wiseco baskets too.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you first start it up and until its warm, it tries to move when it in gear and the clutch is engaged. How is it proper way to adjust the clutch. So would an dirt digger or and ebc clutch do better than stock.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If my oneway isnt bad and it starts fine easily should i change it or not, i always just brushed it off, but now you guys are scaring me with what it will do. Get a LA design one correct?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which clutch would handle what i would be doing to it; fast accel. trail, dirt road racing. 11:1comp, stage one cam,air,exhaust are my mods. Soon ill do the clear tube method

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I $150 a good deal for a L&A design one-way?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.