Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone tells me to do search, i have done that and gathered lots of helpful info but i am just wondering if i can get some opinions on which bars ppl prefer and for what reason..... I recently had a spill on the 700 and bent the bars, so i'm looking at Renthal, Pro Taper and/or any others that anyone can suggest..... Also does the key mount straight onto these bars or are mods to do to get new bars on... Any help is appreciated :help: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
268 Posts
pro taper is supposed to be the strongest. the SE bars they have, are made for raptors so thay should fit real good.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Any of those bars i am sure are good,at least i heard they were.But if you have the cash you should look into fasst flexx bars.They actually flexx wwhen you hit bumps like whoops and jumps and anything that creates a impact and have the effect of another dimension of suspension.They have whats called elastometers that come in soft,medium,hard, and extra hard for different levels of riders styles.They work real well too and you don't even feel them moving but when you hit impacts they absorb the extra oomph and save your wrists from getting jared and provides a smoother ride.They are the only bars that do this but they are expensive.Just thought i would throw that option out there for you anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
did you also take look at goldspeed bars? take a look at my rappy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
trailtech bars are nice.. with the clamp.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have TAG. dont really have anything to compare them to, because its all Ive had, but I like them :thumbsup:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ive got Renthal black 400ex bend bars on mine, love it! And yes the stock plastic key piece fits

·
Registered
494 Posts
Im running Pro Taper SE ATV High bend bars. These are a universal fit, that scrape the plastic at full turns, but look and feel great.

I compared them to the Raptor bend, and did not like the look(narrow construction to clear the plastic at full turns) or the pull back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glamis700 said:
Im running Pro Taper SE ATV High bend bars. These are a universal fit, that scrape the plastic at full turns, but look and feel great.

I compared them to the Raptor bend, and did not like the look(narrow construction to clear the plastic at full turns) or the pull back.
I have had a good look thru the local bike shop and i think the pro tapers will be the way i go, but i have one question.... How badly do they scrap the plastics??? Obviuolsy can't be too bad if you use them, but just wondering if it will annoy the crap out of me if my plastics get all scrapped up.... :3question: Also will i need any clamp kit or anything like that with the pro tapers???? Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
You dont notice it when riding. The bars scrape at about full lock on either side. They just graze the plastic. You can see scuff marks. Its not an issue for me. Id rather run these then those dorky looking Raptor bends. Look like they belong on a tricycle.

·
Registered
130 Posts
EXPLICIT said:
Before anyone tells me to do search, i have done that and gathered lots of helpful info but i am just wondering if i can get some opinions on which bars ppl prefer and for what reason..... I recently had a spill on the 700 and bent the bars, so i'm looking at Renthal, Pro Taper and/or any others that anyone can suggest..... Also does the key mount straight onto these bars or are mods to do to get new bars on... Any help is appreciated :help: :thumbsup:
i went with pro tapers kx 250 bend they have a good feel to them.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I PUT THE PRO TAPER SE ON MINE, LOOK AND FEEL GREAT :thumbsup: MY RAPTOR IS THE 2006 SE SO ITS YELLOW AND BLACK, SO THE JET BLACK BARS LOOK PIMP!!!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Glamis700 said:
You dont notice it when riding. The bars scrape at about full lock on either side. They just graze the plastic. You can see scuff marks. Its not an issue for me. Id rather run these then those dorky looking Raptor bends. Look like they belong on a tricycle.
Sorry, these are the bars I have.... They are sweet!!! The key dealy fits perfect and they do NOT hit when I turn, isn't that what happens when you ride a tricycle? just thought I'd throw that out there. :lol:
The Pro-Taper raptor bend bars are prob. made for the Raptor.... hence the name Raptor bend....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks good :thumbsup: I have the same, but not as dressed up :( Slowly but surely!!!!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Pro Taper here also......I used to use Renthal for my MX bikes, they were good also.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
EXPLICIT said:
Glamis700 said:

I have had a good look thru the local bike shop and i think the pro tapers will be the way i go, but i have one question.... How badly do they scrap the plastics??? Obviuolsy can't be too bad if you use them, but just wondering if it will annoy the crap out of me if my plastics get all scrapped up.... :3question: Also will i need any clamp kit or anything like that with the pro tapers???? Cheers :thumbsup:
Just order riser kit(Part# 191-640 $19.99 at Rockymountainatv, It's the kit I use for my Pro-Taper bars) they won't hit your tank anymore.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
If you go with the raptor bend pro tapers you don't need risers, and they do not hit the plastic. Also use the stock mounts.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Tag T2 CR High Bend, Clear the Plastics and dont stick up so high, Im only about 5'7" and i love the feel and style!

Older pic but its shows ya the bars

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Anyone else feel like the stock handlebars make you kind of point down? Mi wifes Z400 has a nicer feel to it, like the bars ride higher, when I first got the Raptor, I had a hard time adjusting, because they felt too low, am I alone on that? I was looking at the Trail Tech high bend bars to help offset it, and I also got a Zero Preload suspension to lower the bike a few inches.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts