Raptor Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Are you refering to the rear plastics for the battery box? I'm not using the rear plastics anymore and will need to fab up a box to mount it either under my seat or up front. Just trying to find a battery small enough to mount in the inside of the frame behind the bumper if that makes sense

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Here's my battery box/electronics mounts for now, though the battery part shown is for an Odyssey battery, there's a box for a standard battery on there now:

and a side pic, you can barely see it really from the side, even without plastics. From the rear it hangs down a bit, don't have a pic of that at the moment

Eventually I'd like to move my battery up front. Conserving weight in the rear and moving it forward should help launching when dragging. I don't ride through much crap, so the lower position (where Willy's talking about seems to be the best place) shouldn't be an issue.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,776 Posts
to put more weight in the front
do people do it on there drag bikes also?
Why YES they do..........

"MY THERORY" my weight near to over the rear wheels is enough. The quad always wants to head skyward, so moving the weight forward was a plus on my drag quad.........

Attachments

·
Lifetime Premium
1,776 Posts
Now THAT's a cool setup ! :thumbsup:
YEP, clean & simple. In a few months I'm gonna take on digitalhearing's Roosterbuilt bike and do the same wiring, battery set-up to it......... :)

·
Lifetime Premium
1,776 Posts
Nicest lookin 660 there that I saw hands down. I think there was an anti-carb conspiracy :rofl: are you asking for a recount ? :lol:
I did, but it fell on death ears............ :(

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
What about mounting it down low under the oi tank, tucked back twards the engine. Get an odessey battery so you can lay it on it's side, horizontal.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Bear with me I'm working off my iPhone and I didn't see all the replies..sorry. I'm gonna check on that today. Thanx for everything
I got close to 3,000 post off the iPhone I'm rarely on the home computer. As I'm always on the road. Except for last few weeks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
hmmm i know why one would put a battery in the trunk of a car
but relocating it on a quad?????
i have not considered relocating the battery but now i do, i want to move mine because its messing my cdi wires all up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well I thank you all for the info now I just need to figure out where to mount it and i'll be ordering that soon. Another thing I wanted to find out is the better air filter set up. I won't have the air box anymore so any ideas?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts