Raptor Forum banner

Battery Advice!!!

3K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  SegKast 
#1 ·
I;m thinking of relocating my battery but un sure where, do to space. is there a battery smaller than stock that has around the same C.C.A? I would like to mount it up front.

#7 ·
Only thing I could think about would be to move a little weight lower and further front idk. Maybe to get to without removing seats.

#8 ·
Damn I type slow,lol

#14 ·
Wich would be a Yuasa YTX20HL-BS 310CCA's standard grizzly battery is 270CCA's

#17 ·
Did you not see what I posted.

Brand: Yuasa, Model / part number: YTX20HL-BS

#30 ·
I got close to 3,000 post off the iPhone I'm rarely on the home computer. As I'm always on the road. Except for last few weeks.

#20 ·
Yea it is slightly larger than the stock battery. It will fit in the stock battery box though. You have modd the factory hold down and make a longer pos battery cable.

#21 ·
Are you refering to the rear plastics for the battery box? I'm not using the rear plastics anymore and will need to fab up a box to mount it either under my seat or up front. Just trying to find a battery small enough to mount in the inside of the frame behind the bumper if that makes sense

#22 · (Edited)
Here's my battery box/electronics mounts for now, though the battery part shown is for an Odyssey battery, there's a box for a standard battery on there now:

and a side pic, you can barely see it really from the side, even without plastics. From the rear it hangs down a bit, don't have a pic of that at the moment

Eventually I'd like to move my battery up front. Conserving weight in the rear and moving it forward should help launching when dragging. I don't ride through much crap, so the lower position (where Willy's talking about seems to be the best place) shouldn't be an issue.

#29 ·
What about mounting it down low under the oi tank, tucked back twards the engine. Get an odessey battery so you can lay it on it's side, horizontal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.