Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I chimed in on a different thread but should prob. start my own,
2005 660 SE with stock mill with DG slip on, And jets. (not sure what size, I didnt install them) I did the green wire mod but only cut and grounded so no reverse light. I know the bike was parked for a few yrs. I cleaned the carbs and she runs good. But since its been running and I've been riding it the battery is dying out on me and it dont seem to be charging by the bike. If I put the charger on it at night I can get a 5 or so starts before it dies. I had to turn up the idle to try to keep it running and notice the reverse light blinks. It does not seem to be losing power. When I jump start it I have to keep throttling it or it dies then Im stuck. I keep the bike outside right now cause the garage is being used to fix her truck, Could it be the batt. is just old? Or could my charging system have a problem? Thats all I can think to describe what its doing. Thanks again for being here!! BTW it is very cold here in Maine @ nite and I know that kills my truck batt. from time to time.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hi guys, I chimed in on a different thread but should prob. start my own,
2005 660 SE with stock mill with DG slip on, And jets. (not sure what size, I didnt install them) I did the green wire mod but only cut and grounded so no reverse light. I know the bike was parked for a few yrs. I cleaned the carbs and she runs good. But since its been running and I've been riding it the battery is dying out on me and it dont seem to be charging by the bike. If I put the charger on it at night I can get a 5 or so starts before it dies. I had to turn up the idle to try to keep it running and notice the reverse light blinks. It does not seem to be losing power. When I jump start it I have to keep throttling it or it dies then Im stuck. I keep the bike outside right now cause the garage is being used to fix her truck, Could it be the batt. is just old? Or could my charging system have a problem? Thats all I can think to describe what its doing. Thanks again for being here!! BTW it is very cold here in Maine @ nite and I know that kills my truck batt. from time to time.
How old is the battery & what kind is it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Mainelogger
Give the bike a charge, then put your lights on park close to a wall or fence & rev the engine if the lights become brighter then you are charging the battery
Or if you have a tester see what voltage you have when the bike is idling, it should be somewhere between 13-14volts.

Any lower then ditch the battery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Battery is a NAPA GS, I'm not sure of its age only that the guy I bought the bike from got hurt bad on it and parked it, It sat for 2 years before I bought it a little over a week ago. I'll do the headlight rev test and I think I have a working meter. I'll check in with my results in a bit. Thanks fellas!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Go get a new battery. It might of froze and toasted it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.