Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it went out it scared the shit out of me the bike died in a 5th gear run high in the RPMS like I broke it. I pulled over and found out it was clicking like it was froze. I had completely forgot that the injector runs off of electricity. now I can buy a stock Yamaha battery that runs an amazing 117 dollars or something called platinum for 73 man I love spending money

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I didn't know that the stator wouldn't run the injector if the battery goes back!! :3question:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I thought.....I recharged it and now it runs fine and now the charging system is working i'm going to run it the way it is with it charged like it is to see how long it will last

·
Registered
19 Posts
the bike runs threw the bat. the charging system charges the bat which runs the bike. if it dies again you have a charging issue or a bat that dosnt hold a charge. i had the rectifier/regulator go out on my r6 and it did the same thing

·
Registered
468 Posts
yeah that happend to me i had a bad cell for the charging system to work u have to have a good bad once it get to be so low it will no recharge so it doesnt burn itself up id try n check the battery and see wat it says on a tester or how many amps it pulling

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had a bad battery I posted something on a while ago. It was only 7 months old (or so) and they replaced it under warranty.
I think the factory replacement would have been 70 something and a higher amp battery was 56 :confused:, but since I didn't have to buy it, I didn't care. They gave me the OEM.

·
Registered
153 Posts
cell went bad in mine also. Seems like it might be a little bit common. I got an aftermarket one from Batteries Plus.

·
Registered
120 Posts
my battery is acting up...what brand of battery and product number did you use for your raptor 700 :3question:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Armety did yours not start all of a sudden or just die when you rode it? mine isn't the common battery symptoms. you charge it and you can put around but you do a Top speed run and it dies and won't start. I'm having my battery replaced I hope it fixes my problem. Rockymountainatv.com sales them for 50 bucks I believe probably the cheapest you'll find the yamaha battery is like 117

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine slowly started dieing. Wouldn't hold a charge very long, ect. then it just died, I had to jump it all the time. I used a store to match up teh battery, don't remember the brand. Batteries Plus is the store.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
My batt just shit the bed as well :( I ordered the cheap lead acid for 56.00 delivered from RMATV. For that price I don't mind replacing it, even once a year if needed, but for the replacment cost of the AGM it would need to last 2-1/2 years or more to be worth it for me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes but are you guys having the problem I'm having? The bike dies while I am riding it at full throttle....sounds like you guys can jump your bikes and it rides around fine? I hope that isn't the case because then I don't know whats causing my bike to do what it does

·
Registered
41 Posts
MY battery died and i went out and bought 1 one of thoose sears tractor batteries and shit work perfect and i get a 2 year warranty with the thing to. It wass $19.99 u cant beat the brice

·
Registered
337 Posts
I left my key on for a week and had NO juice and pull started it. Was suprised it worked.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had my battery replaced at the shop....My bike is still doing it have no idea what it is. They say the charging system is fine but as soon as you get on it, it Dies and its hard to restart. I hope its nothing major any of you guys have an idea?

·
Registered
305 Posts
ChoChillin said:
I left my key on for a week and had NO juice and pull started it. Was suprised it worked.
Pull strarted it? LOL
Do you mean push started it?
When you said pull started im think of a cord that you pull. Also if what these guys are saying is true that if the battery goes dead (while riding it) and the bike shuts off, that means the generator doesnt produce enough electricity to run the fuel pump and injectors. If thats ture then push starting it and leting it self charge shouldnt work.

I know on a car the alternator produces enough charge to run the vechile as long as its running. So you can remove the battery from the vehcile after its started and it will still drive. If you dissconnect the battery from your car while its running and it shuts off, that means you alternator is no good. Why does this theory not work in the quad? And if it does then that would mean you have a chareing problem (alternator) not a battery problem.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Raptorjunkyard said:
Had my battery replaced at the shop....My bike is still doing it have no idea what it is. They say the charging system is fine but as soon as you get on it, it Dies and its hard to restart. I hope its nothing major any of you guys have an idea?
Most the time what happens is that under load the bike is useing more power then a bad alternator is producing. At idle when you not demanding High Output of the injector and fuel pump the voltage If checked could apear to be ok. But when your acutally out riding it will use more power then whats being put back into the battery and the battery slowly drains. Once the battery gets low enough its slowly lowers the voltage running to the fuel pump and injectors. You then have runabilty problems and once it dies it doesnt want to restart again since the battery is low or dead. After a charge of the battery (assuming the battery is good and will hold the charge) your able to start the bike and it runs fine again, until the cycle starts over again and you use more power then is being produced to charge the battery.

If you able to remove the battery, charge it, leave it out for a few days not being charged, install it back in the bike and have it start right up, means your battery is good and able to hold a charge for a few days. That means you dont have a battery problem.
If you dont have a battery problem, but yet your battery keeps going dead then you have a charging problem.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
heres the stumper though...a fully charged battery should be enough to go through a wide open run. Its not it dies after the brand new battery was charged and makes the bike hard to start. Something isn't right I wonder what....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts