Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i bought the Bazzaz efi controller and i got it for next to nothing. The only problem i have is i don't want to spend the money on the closed loop system just yet and i don't have access to a dyno... so does any one have maps for a raptor with the big three????

·
Registered
448 Posts
I suggest selling it and getting a better known brand which you will be able to get support/maps for

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I dont know why you're trying to bring this bazzaz thing back. It died a long time ago in the raptor world. Youre way better off with a PCIII. It is the most proven fuel controller.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i got an update for the bazzaz thing... my dealer told me i can call them and they will make me a map based on the mods i have! and the pcIII is played out lol. plus i got the bazzaz cheap as hell and it allows me to do a [email protected]%T load of changes to the map. i think i will really enjoy it after i get the closed loop system for it

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Rumor was it was going to do fuel and timing is this true? That would be nice to only have one. It was also going to replace the stock ecu?

Robert

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No only fuel... But I am very interested in the fact that u can get the automatic (afm) system which comes with the oxygen sensor, and I do indeed plan on getting it next week

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
OK so i bought the Bazzaz efi controller and i got it for next to nothing. The only problem i have is i don't want to spend the money on the closed loop system just yet and i don't have access to a dyno... so does any one have maps for a raptor with the big three????
You'll need to either get the Data Box or a tune to be 99% correct. You can copy and paste other people's tables at a certain RPM ranges and throttle positions for a baseline and work out the bugs.

I suggest selling it and getting a better known brand which you will be able to get support/maps for
Bazzaz fuel controllers are great! I prefer the Bazzaz or Yoshimura PIM2 with the data box over the PCV with autotune.

I dont know why you're trying to bring this bazzaz thing back. It died a long time ago in the raptor world. Youre way better off with a PCIII. It is the most proven fuel controller.
Your right they never became popular like the PCIII, but it's a good product none the less when teamed up with the data box.

ok so i got an update for the bazzaz thing... my dealer told me i can call them and they will make me a map based on the mods i have! and the pcIII is played out lol. plus i got the bazzaz cheap as hell and it allows me to do a [email protected]%T load of changes to the map. i think i will really enjoy it after i get the closed loop system for it
Like he said you'll enjoy it when you get the data box for it.

You'd have a map and be up and running if you had the pc3 or 5 right now :p
That's probably true in his case, but like I said earlier you can copy and paste the table from a pcIII map and input the numbers in the Bazzaz map where the throttle position and RPM match for a baseline. (This method would not be perfect. The only purpose of going through the trouble of doing this is to create a baseline map.)

If you can find a PCIII cheap by all means it may be worth the extra money , so your able to share maps with the majority of the people on the board, but there is no way i'll buy a new PCIII or PCV when already owning the Bazzaz.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I would be careful copying and pasting the numbers from a PC5 map and transfering to another brand. Not all EFI controllers send the exact same data to the machine and the numbers could be way off. I have seen this with taking our dyno'd pc5 maps to another brands controller and it was so far off we couldnt even get the bike to Idle it was so pig rich. I'm not familiar with the Bazzaz, maybe they run the same data but I would be very careful unless someone can confirm they have done this without an issue.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I would be careful copying and pasting the numbers from a PC5 map and transfering to another brand. Not all EFI controllers send the exact same data to the machine and the numbers could be way off. I have seen this with taking our dyno'd pc5 maps to another brands controller and it was so far off we couldnt even get the bike to Idle it was so pig rich. I'm not familiar with the Bazzaz, maybe they run the same data but I would be very careful unless someone can confirm they have done this without an issue.
How can you recommend fuel controllers to your customers without trying them all? There's only a few after all Dobeck, Dynatek , Power Commander , Bazzaz, PIM2 , Juice Box Pro (mix between PC/Dynatek). Part of being a member of this forum is trying out new stuff and collecting data.

We have transferred a PC map to a PIM2 unit before, and while this method provided a decent baseline it wasn't perfect. You will always need to fine tune for your application and throttle habits.

Poncho, Your absolute best chance of getting that "perfect map" is to have a dyno tuned by a skilled operator. The second best option is to buy the Data box, and ride normal. Plug the data-box intol the computer save the map and transfer that map to the Bazazz controller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts