Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ello it is aleready the time to change my rear axle bearing after 5000 kilometer but another problem came .i got a little play between my sprocket hub and my axle shaft and the problem are the inside spline of the hub that are a little bit wear.but im a cheap guy and i wanna know if the sprocket hub can be weld to the shaft to stop the play or should i buy a new hub absolutely ???

thanks for advice :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
your hub should not have play of course.. My guess is that you need to loosen up your jam nut on your axle. Dont forget to loosen the allen bolts in the big nut. there are two of them.. tighen down the inner nut and that should pull the axle to the right side enough to suck the slop out of it..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks guys !!!:)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
There will always be a little play in both the sprocket hub and the brake hub. (Unless the hubs and axle are brand new) They're straight splines and there's just no way they will ever stay tight.

If you try to tighten down the axle nuts tight enough to get rid of the play it will just shorten the life of the axle bearings.

Ride it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.