Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering if the axle has to go through the bearing carrier only one way? an my bearings in the bearing carrier are shot... should i go with pivot works rear bearings? an since it says rear wheel bearings that will work with the bearing carrier right? please help me out

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Axle goes in Driver side to passenger side, and +1 on pivot works.

·
Registered
415 Posts
drivers side to passenger side? its not a car! :lol: jk

but yes the axle nut has to be on the brake side. meaning the right side where the rear brake system is.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
hey guys just wondering if the axle has to go through the bearing carrier only one way? an my bearings in the bearing carrier are shot... should i go with pivot works rear bearings? an since it says rear wheel bearings that will work with the bearing carrier right? please help me out
Lsr had some billet carriers on clearance for 160$ on their website you should check it out can't beat that price on the whole carrier with sealed bearings

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha thanks guys i figured out water got into the carrier an rusted up then it was a pain in the ass to get off i hear it should just slide right off but mine was muffed a litttle

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Are these bearings pressed on or how did you guys get em out??
Yes, they are pressed in. I put the carrier in a vice and pounded them out with a large punch. Be careful not to scar the inside surface of the carrier. I then cleaned up inside the carrier with some emery cloth and gently tapped the new ones in. Put the bearings in the freezer over night and they go in pretty easy.

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
We just did a tech article on this very subject 2 weeks ago.We used the Pivot Works bearings and did both front and rear.Should be in the magazine soon.:)It took less then 2 hours to do front and back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts