Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shelled the bearings and it tore up the carrier who makes a good afordable alluminium carrier??

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I had bearings come apart in mine also, cleaned up the damage and put it back together with new bearings and seals. Ran it almost a year, tore it down and it's fine. A little work with a dremel removing what was in the way and it was good to go. I did need a new center tube though.
If you clean it up and the new bearing goes in tight like it should and turns freely you should be ok.
Bearings and seals were $35 or so and the center tube is $10 or $15 I think.
Just an option to consider.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to clean it up but the bearing sat in it way to loose.I've been looking on ebay and i think i'll end up getting the rad raptor CNC MACHINED 6061 AIRCRAFT GRADE BILLET ALUMINUM MAGNUM TAPERED BEARING CARRIER for 189$. I just hope that it'll work with my stock axle

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I had my carrier completly grenade on me and being the glutten for punishment I am and needing to ride in this crazy canadian weather I opted to buy a stock carrier from yamaha. Next day service and it cost me $275 canadian plus around 50 for bearings and seals. Snap to change and everything worked out!!! 3 days later I am on the ice rippin it up 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts