Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02 limited edition raptor, couple years ago I painted the hubs black to much. After half a dozen dune trips the paint is of course wearing off. I was wandering if anyone has ever used a bed liner product (rattle can) to paint parts. I dont know if it would bond to the aluminum parts or not. If so, surely it would hold up longer than paint.

·
Registered
273 Posts
you know i was thinking about doing the same thing on my stock rims but what i was thinking was not doing the lip of the rim the part the machine puts pressure on when the tire is mounted.......... i am sure the bedliner would stick to the rims if you prep the surface .....sand the rim and so on

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
it is heavy and rough in texture. The rough texture will hold and trap dirt and it will always look dirty black after a while.

I would pc them.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i did my rims and bumpers 2 yrs ago and the only thing not holding up is the bottom of the rear bumper from wheelies.
If you do the rims dont do the bead,the tire might leak

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
i did my rims and bumpers 2 yrs ago and the only thing not holding up is the bottom of the rear bumper from wheelies.
If you do the rims dont do the bead,the tire might leak
AWESOME! This sounds like a great alternative to short term paint and expensive powder coating.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I already have black wheels so thats not an issue. I was wandering about the weight though, do you guys think it would really make that much difference?? Im not building a drag back either so unless its substantial weight gains im not worried. Mainly I just want to make sure I get a good bond so the dune trips dont "sandblast" it off.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Well I already have black wheels so thats not an issue. I was wandering about the weight though, do you guys think it would really make that much difference?? Im not building a drag back either so unless its substantial weight gains im not worried. Mainly I just want to make sure I get a good bond so the dune trips dont "sandblast" it off.
No... Weight wise you won't tell a difference.
I saw another thread on here where wrekd used "duplicolor truck bed coating" hes got some pics of grab bar and bumper, looks good. Heres the link http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71037&highlight=bed+liner&page=2
That looks sweet imma find some of that online now :D haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol not really a problem, i guess im just lookin for a little reassurance before i cause more work later on down the road, buuuuttttt, i think im gonna do it anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts