Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flipped my raptor 2 weeks ago and broke my perch clutch cable and bent my lever. I ordered the ASV C5 pro with perch and a MotionPro clutch cable. the pars came in today and after installation I went to go for a ride. My clutch is not responding right now. like its slipping, I have tried every adjustment and still the same outcome. I even took the whole cable off and the bike would barely move. I don't know what to do, any ideas? The bike sat for 2 weeks and I started it last week and let it idle in neutral. HELP

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Was your clutch slipping after the flip, or since you installed the new clutch perch........

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
did you adjust it by the clutch its self? the same thiing happened after my rebuild I had to slack it off nearly all the way at the bars and on the clutch

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It moved fine righT after he roll. Then I parked it till th e parts got here n now it's doing it

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried every adjustment from the lever and the cable down by the casing. I just want this thing to run right, I just want to ride.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump. i really need help here guys

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
bump. i really need help here guys
I wish I could help you, but without some feed back from yourself, it is hard to tell you what to do, I can not see your bike, tell us all what you did..........

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My cable snapped causing my to roll the bike 2 weeks ago, and the roll took my perch and lever with it. With no cable or lever set up, I had to start the bike, rev it up and kick it into first to get it moving, it moved just fine. i got it home and left it in neutral for the 2 weeks it was down. While it was down I did the reverse limiter removal and started it and let it idle. I also used a pair of vise grips where the cable attaches to the casing to see if the limiter was gone, it moved just fine. One week later my motionpro cable and ASV C5 pro lever with perch got here(yesterday). I put everything on it and it felt as if the clutch was slipping. I have tried every adjustment on the lever and the cable itself by the casing. this morning I even took the cable completely off and on a downhill roll I started it in neutral the hit it into gear so I wouldn't damage anything. With no clutch cable at all on the bike at full rev I was barely moving. It ran fine before, I don't see how sitting for roughly 2 weeks can cause my clutch to just burn up like that. is this clear enough for you? sorry I wasn't clear before

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
you could have ran the cable wrong....make sure there isn't too much tension on the cable when you turn the handle bars. can you explain what you did with vise grips again?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried re running the cable still same outcome. On the casing where the end of the cable connects to then where it connects extends down into the casing to the clutch. I put vise grips on that piece that extends. The part that the cable pulls to engage the clutch, that part. I used the vise grips to pull the clutch as the cable does to engage it to test my reverse limiter removal and it worked fine then. Is that a good description?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone just told me that dirty oil can cause that, and told me to change my oil and filter. is this true?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:bump:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds like you may have bent the lever on the case with the vice grips, causing the lever to not fully release. Just a suggestion.
What do you mean? I do not fully understand what you are saying, and does anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
492 Posts
So your saying you cannot get the clutch to engage? Or are you saying you can't get it to disengage? Sorry if this question makes this thead a bit redundant.

Darryll

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So your saying you cannot get the clutch to engage? Or are you saying you can't get it to disengage? Sorry if this question makes this thead a bit redundant.

Darryll
It acts as if the clutch will not disengage, the top speed i can get my bike to move is about 5 mph. I dont see how a clutch can just go out like that when sitting for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
sounds like you may have bent the lever on the case with the vice grips, causing the lever to not fully release. Just a suggestion.
My thoughts also.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the only piece that was bent when i just checked was the piece where the cable attaches to the casing, not the piece that engages the clutch

1 - 20 of 40 Posts