Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this has been talked about alot, but i dont think anyone has really said which way your suppose to be bending this thing. Do you bend to toward the front tires or the back tires. i think its toward the front but just want to make sure before i start screwing thing up.

any help will be appriciated thanks ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok when your installing the Dr. D lever they people have said that the cable is to tight and it causes it go into reverse when not supposed to. So people have bent the ear that the cable runs through so it will give it more slack. My question is which way are you suppose to bend it?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
bend it towards the rear... thats it

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I would imagine you would bend it towards the motor and not towards the switch. This would take up tension in the cable housing and let some tension go on the cable itself. Just my thoughts, I havn't installed one yet but the mechanics sound right ot me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks guys

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i got it in guys and moved the key to the fender also, and man it looks good. I have to give it you guys on here, i would be able to do this stuff without the help from you guys. I wouldnt of even known you could move the key if it wasnt for you guys. thanks alot

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
vanillagorilla said:
My install required no bending, but you gotta do what ya gotta do i guess.
I think this could have to do with the routing of the cable!! one little change and your a little shorter or longer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.