Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My axle is bent... whoops. Anybody have recommendations for a new one? Or have one they want to sell? I looked online and found everything from $64 chinese axles to $900 drag axles. Am i gonna have to spend $400 to get something decent?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,292 Posts
My axle is bent... whoops. Anybody have recommendations for a new one? Or have one they want to sell? I looked online and found everything from $64 chinese axles to $900 drag axles. Am i gonna have to spend $400 to get something decent?
How bad is it? If there isn't a crease it can be straightened while on the quad.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How bad is it? If there isn't a crease it can be straightened while on the quad.
Its very minor, actually. Makes my left wheel wobble just a bit

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
10,292 Posts
Put the quad up on blocks and take off the rear wheels and hubs.
Take a jack stand or similar and tape a horizontal pointer to the axle center, and put the wobble in the axle up.
Loop a length of chain from the end of the bent axle, under the swingarm, and around the axle by the bearing hub.
Put a hydraulic bottle jack under the bent axle by the hub and rest the base on the chain.
Jack some tension on the chain to straighten the axle. GO SLOW, a little goes a long way. Spin the axle and repeat till the axle runs straight to the pointer.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

You can't go wrong with a LSR or Dominator II axle and they both come with a lifetime warranty against failure. Unfortunately, they're both in the 400 range which is the going rate for a quality axle for a few years. I'd check the rear carrier bearings, hubs, and rims before purchasing an axle to be on the safe side. Start by swapping the left wheel & hub with the right side to verify it's a bent axle or not.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can't go wrong with a LSR or Dominator II axle and they both come with a lifetime warranty against failure. Unfortunately, they're both in the 400 range which is the going rate for a quality axle for a few years. I'd check the rear carrier bearings, hubs, and rims before purchasing an axle to be on the safe side. Start by swapping the left wheel & hub with the right side to verify it's a bent axle or not.
I didnt think about the hubs. My friend noticed my left wheel wobbling while following me so we swapped wheels and it was still there. That would make more sense because i havnt wrecked it *YET* and i dont jump high enough to clear a box of kittens

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I've had a g force axle (I think their tusk now) for ten years and it's been great. Has been through wrecks and has jumped many boxes of kittens. I think it was only $200.00 too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
10,292 Posts
I didnt think about the hubs. My friend noticed my left wheel wobbling while following me so we swapped wheels and it was still there. That would make more sense because i havnt wrecked it *YET* and i dont jump high enough to clear a box of kittens

It's good to rotate your tires occasionally. I've got hubs if you need some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts