Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bit over enthusiastic last weekend and hit a tree side on, just a bent nerf bar and a popped plastic (or so I thought) untill I noticed hours later riding home that my back wheel was throwing. Jacked it up and let it tick over in gear today only to confirm it is bent, right at the end by the stub axle :( how much am I looking at for a replacement standard axle (UK) or could it be straightened? Also where can u get one from 2nd hand? I've tried both eBay uk and USA with no luck :(
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get yourself a "G" Force axle on Ebay ...
Cheaper in price and better quality than an Oem axle !

I bought one last summer for my son's 04 raptor for less than $150.00 dollars

Cheers !
Phil

·
Registered
701 Posts
When purchasing a g force axle will everything stock just move over or are there other parts that need to be moved as well? Is there an instruction sheet on how to make this change step by step part by part?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I have had stock axles straightened before, most machine shops can handle the job. Its a good way get going again and not spend alot of money. Last time it cost around $30 to get one fixed. If you want to upgrade the g force axle is pretty good for the money.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sorry I am not trying to jack your thread. With a bent axle how do u know if anything else is jacked up to like the bearings or the carrier? If it us where u can get this stuff cheap but good quality?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Its not very likely that the carrier or bearings are damaged, the stock axle is the weak link. Running a bike with a bent axle will damage the bearings after a while from everything not rinning true.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ok that's good. Is there a write up with step by step on how to replace an axle? Like what all do I have to remove and how and then putting it back together too? Thanx

·
Registered
34 Posts
The "G" Force axle comes with installation instructions,i'll take some close up pics for you tonight and maybe i still have their installation sheet somewhere,which i will scan and post as well for you...
It comes with a 3 piece axle retaining nut which alone costs over $30.00 if you buy it separetaly !

Cheers !
Phil

·
Registered
701 Posts
Well I decided to suck it up and went with the lsr pro axle instead of the g-force. I got a really good deal on one and couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whoever might be thinking about replacing their axle !
Here you go ...

Real simple to install and my son put it through a whole Summer of abuse last year taking jumps and in rough trails,still as good as new ...

Hope this helps :)

Cheers !
Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Help!!!!!!

how the hell are you guys getting the freaking rear hub nuts off? i have tried a cheater bar, a cresent wrench an impact wrench still nothing. I am about ready to kick the whole damn thing to the curb!!! Any thoughts? how do you keep the hubs from turning i have it in gear but when i really bear down on it with the cheater bar i hear something in the engine and i am afraid i am stripping something!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Air impact gun usually does the trick !
One thing you may try is use a torch and heat the nut,it's possible the PO might have used RED 271 Loctite ...
The spiders on my snowmobile clutches are torqued to 250 ft/lbs AND Loctited...if you don't apply lots of heat,should you ever manage to loosen it,the threads come along as well and it's scrap afterwards.

Cheers !
Phil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts