Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hitting some jumps today and noticed I was going off crooked. Rode down the road back to the house and looked at my right rear tire shaking and woobling all to hell. Pretty sure I bent the dang axle :mad: but didnt know if there was a sure way to tell before I drop money on a new one. If thats the case does anyone recommend an aftermarket. I wish I could say money wasnt an object but you know these things happen at the worse possible time.Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was doing some wishful thinking hoping it wasnt but of course when I took the wheel off it was obvious the axle was bent. I believe I am going to buy pewterpeckers old one if he still has it because I am afraid to go 2" considering I do a lot more trail riding then motocross but then again I am afraid I will do the same thing again.Vacation this weekend so I a little time to decide what would be best.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah but if you buy a g-force for 200 beans that comes with a lifetime warranty so :grin_nod: if you ever bend it you send it back and get a brand new one, and aftermarket are stronger too to prevent bending and shit like that! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I put a new axle in is there anything else I need to check or change or is it just a take out put back in deal.Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt think you could/not good to straighten a bent axle, if thats not the case I have a buddy thats works in a machine shop that can straighten mine but I am still going to buy a new one just for spare.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
they say they have a special process that doesnt compromise the strength of the axle by straightening it.....but thats only to like .150 of an inch or something then they just replace it.....and if your worried about going wider because you trail ride +4 wont hurt....im at +5 and i thought id have a problem but its straight.....had to back up and go around on time

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would it be unconventional to go wider in the back and not get the longer A-arms up front cause the lifetime warranty sure is sounding good but like I said I have bent this damn thing at the worse possible time finacially and wouldnt be able to afford the front right now.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
dberry367 said:
Would it be unconventional to go wider in the back and not get the longer A-arms up front cause the lifetime warranty sure is sounding good but like I said I have bent this damn thing at the worse possible time finacially and wouldnt be able to afford the front right now.
No, your front is just a hair wider than the rear now.

~Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts