Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I alone? I have had my 06 700 for about 4 months, when i got back from the last ride i noticed the top of the tire was leaning in.....Before I left for glamis on Saturday I checked it out a little further and noticed the ball joint was still seated but the stud was bent.....Anyone else had a problem with weak ball joints?

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Not heard of any problems with ball joints unless the bike has been lowered for flat track, and it's been jumped.

Most of the problems I've heard of consist of tie rod problems.

~Brian

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MAYBE I AM JUST A LARDASS AND SHOULD NOT BE JUMPING.....I AM NOT GOING TO PAY THE $240 BUCKS FOR THE ONE ARM THAT THE LOCAL DEALER WANTS......TIME TO LOOK FOR SOME ARMS......ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
dungbeetle06 said:
MAYBE I AM JUST A LARDASS AND SHOULD NOT BE JUMPING.....I AM NOT GOING TO PAY THE $240 BUCKS FOR THE ONE ARM THAT THE LOCAL DEALER WANTS......TIME TO LOOK FOR SOME ARMS......ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Yeah, that sounds a bit high. Unless you can find a bike that someone is parting out.

~Brian

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEARD MUCH ABOUT THE ISHOCK KITS?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
dungbeetle06 said:
HEARD MUCH ABOUT THE ISHOCK KITS?
They are amazing. My friends yfz has a set and holy cow does that thing kick ass. 8)

·
Registered
57 Posts
On my 02' raptor a lower ball joint popped apart, same thing on 91' lt250r. Yeah, it happens

·
Registered
125 Posts
my boy was riding a wheelie the first day he got his 700 and wiped out...when the wheel hit the street sideways he bent his balljoint like i've never seen before...almost sheered it off. it happens.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bluebeast said:
On my 02' raptor a lower ball joint popped apart, same thing on 91' lt250r. Yeah, it happens
THATS THE WEIRD PART....IT DID NOT POP APART, THE STUD IS ACTUALLY BENT BUT IS NOT CRACKED, I WAS WORRIED ABOUT IT SNAPPING THE WHOLE TIME I WAS RIDING THIS WEEKEND

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Check with Rocket Factory. They always have take-off a-arms.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ATC-Crazy said:
Please dont type in all caps...
I LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET SO BOTHERED BY CAPS LOCK....ALL MY PROGRAMS AT WORK USE CAPS LOCK AND I FORGET TO TAKE IT OFF.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts