Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:3question: Recently I bent the center valve on the intake. Not sure how I did it but anyway.. I replaced the valve. I been riding around for a couple weeks now. Today I went to get ready to load my quad up so I took it for a quick spin around the yard and bang the clutch cable brakes. Damit. So i get it back to my shed that has a fairly steep incline on the ramp where the quad stalls on me. shit. SO now im stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear and im on a ramp going up hill. I have to ge it into neutral so I rock it forward to be able to switch gears. When I did this it didn't make it to neutral but the next gear and rolled backwards a bit. My question is if when that rolled backwards like that does that mess up the valve timing? I've heard they are not supposed to be turned in the opposite direction. So i got the head all apart again and sure enough I bent the same fricken valve... My next question is why does only the center valve bend? It bent pretty far this time and the other two valves were fine. Is that center valve designed to take the hit first? :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts