Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm going to upgrade my intake for my rappy. A few questions arise.

1. Is it best to jet perfectly, or jet rich for when I do an exhaust in the future? (I'm thinking 150 main 25 pilot)

2. Out of these what is the best option?
a. ModQuad Air Flow System with K&N Filter with Outerwears
b. Pro Design ProFlow K&N Intake System
c. Pro Design ProFlow Uni Intake System

I'm thinking the K&N with the outerwears cover, but I need some input/advice. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
uni and why not jet now then retune it after an exhaust, it isnt that hard

·
Registered
893 Posts
Pro Design Pro Flow and Uni with an Outerwears.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So everyone likes Uni? And I am probably getting an exhaust soon and want to ride it a little before I buy one. So I figured I'd save $3 and jet a little bit rich.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Uni is cheaper than the K&N. Easier to maintain as well. Uni is also cheaper than the Pro Design foam filter. I gave more for the Pro Design single stage foam on my Warrior than I did for the Uni dual stage that is on my Raptor.

I ran K&N filters w/ Outerwears on my Banshee and had no trouble, but got tired of the expense and the cleaning process.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, good to know. I'm probably gonna go with the Uni Filter, 150 Main Jet, and a 25 Pilot. Thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im hearing people say 150 is too rich. My elevation is under 100' and I ride at sea level. I am getting a Pro-Flow Uni Filter, running lid off, and may get an exhaust in the future. Is 147.5 too lean for a slip on with that filter?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I am at anywhere between 800-1200 ft depending on where I ride. I am jetted at 147.5 main and 25 pilot with the lid on and an FMF slip on. Lid off changes things, but I would bet it would work for you as well depending on your temperatures there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Definately a UNI, K&N lets to much dirt in your intake and will kill your topend. The Proflow kit is nice with the billet intake adaptor, that will be my next purchase for mine. I'm also gonna go ahead and pick up an EBC heavy duty clutch kit. Other then that, I am content with my stock jetting finely tuned and running awesome.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, thanks guys. Worst case, i'll get my exhaust and run lid on to richen it up a bit. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True, but I think I'm going to be running 147.5 main and a 25 pilot. I will have my stock exhaust and the Uni ProFlow with the lid off. If i'm too rich, i'll throw the lid back on and bump up to a 150 when I get my exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts