Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of course im a noob ,so i need your advice on some best bang for my dollar mods on my 06 700r. long story short ,me and my cousin both bought quads at the same time. me the raptor and he the suzuki450r.
he recently just spent 35$ on a cherry bomb crbm and removed his baffle insert andf now whoops my ass in top end and in any race. not bad for $35 bucks.
so my question is: how can i beat him and others with cheap and safe mods? i searched around to find maybe change my plug to a irriduim ngk[part #?] a metal air box with a screen for a lid and a k&n [brand]?
remove baffle insert of exhaust and some kind of SIMPLE efi box[tmi-pciii-etc]? so what is the bang for the buck mods and in what order should i add them in case i cant afford to buy it all at once.?
btw we are all on stock tires still and they are worn down, so im trying t odecide which tire and size combo will be best for my riding area. im in n.j. strange on how i can build my own 1krwhp supra but im not sure how to build up a quad for my purposes. :3question:

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think it's nice that a cherry bomb is available for the Suzuki. I tried to look into that route when I wanted to mod, but as anyone doing "the three mods" can tell you it's gonna cost more than 35 bucks and a preset plug in device to mod a rappy *the right way*. That was mentioned (more or less) in the above post.

You could try buying the 15T front sprocket everyone (well, most everyone) speaks highly of and this adds top end which you say you're missing. I think I read where one guy runs it stock. Also, remove your spark arrestor and take you airbox lid off. That won't cost you anything. Some say you will run lean doing this and some don't. Some say your dealer can compensate the fuel settings for this simple mod and some don't.

It all depends what you want to $pend. All the info's been posted several times, but not for $35.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pile0g00 said:
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php/topic,5714.msg56183.html#msg56183
You already asked this question and boom answered you...
i know ,but i was looking for than just the mod he mentioned.like for example, like mentioned before :just remove airbox lid and remove the spark arrestor for a starters. then of course swap out the plug, and is it also good to go to the 15t sproket? i thought that sprocket would add low end and not top end? or vise versa. the only expensive next mod i see is the power commander or tmi box. or will i be able to get away with it with just the above mentioned?.
i read many prior posts,but seems like some say yes and some say no to take this cheap route.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I would not risk running lean by removing the air box lid and sparky without a controller. I would also recommend you go with a PCIII from www.fuelmotousa.com, it is the best out and not that much more than the others. I have seen alot of people on here that buy the cheaper ones and go to the PCIII later, costing more money by buying two and they say the PCIII is more responsive.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pile0g00 said:
I would not risk running lean by removing the air box lid and sparky without a controller. I would also recommend you go with a PCIII from www.fuelmotousa.com, it is the best out and not that much more than the others. I have seen alot of people on here that buy the cheaper ones and go to the PCIII later, costing more money by buying two and they say the PCIII is more responsive.
Exactly! :thumbsup: And doing a iridium plug isnt exactly a "performance mod". It will idle and run smoother. As for The 15T. It will add topend speed, and will also increase the lowend hook up remarkably! Without it, the tires spin all the power and torque away. It will pull MUCH harder threw the gears and will get the power to the ground. HOWEVER, to feel the full effects of this, you need some performance mods. taking the sparky out and removing the lid with the PCIII installed, you will feel a good diff with the 15T. You do the 15T on a stock machine its not really going to do too much.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is some of the info i was looking for. :thumbsup:

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
U can afford to build a 1000 WHP supra but can't afford more than $35 in mods for your quad? :) I think I am going to save up some money this summer and get it done the right way. I want to do the stage one kit that rocket factory offers through their shop here in Reno. for $1600 bucks they will install the LTE dual exhaust, custom intake, moose (DynoJet) modulator, fine tune it, and dyno it. They are also talking about adding a cam upgrade for this stage 1 kit. Very nice and worth the money IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts