Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no longer have the stock head lights and i was wondering if theres a light out there that works better and if you guys have an pictures of your bikes with something aftermarket on them

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
There are so MANY kinds of lighting options out there. Talking HID, LED and so on.

·
Master of the Electron
15,668 Posts
Relative to bang for the buck, HID is still your brightest for the least; BUT, LED's are quickly catching up - I'd look at what bigrig and others have to offer.

·
2011 RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
883 Posts
led is by far the best option. I have led lights that are 30% brighter than any HID or halogen. The other thing is life led = 50000 hours. hid=2500 hours and halogen =1500 hours. Consumption is the other factor. 900 lumens (1 1/2 times what a head light on a car makes only draws .84 amps in led. Take a look at what the others draw, not even close.

I just bought myself a led bar for my sxs. Draw =30 amps (little more than your headlights of a car) and the output is 35000 lumens. This is about 53 times brighter than a car head light.

These lights are also water proof up to 15', Unbreakable from the front (polycarbonite lens) and SUPER Bright.

What ever you do have fun with it and if you go with Vison X led you wont be sorry.

Here is a link of how bright they can get now.

·
Registered
229 Posts
halogen is old school. Hid's or leds are the new age. 6000k in HId's is a good color. there a many kits out there and i would not go with the cheap one.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Pm THIS SPACE FOR RENT. He has a light bar mounted. Extremely bright, would see a beam pointing towards the sky half a mile away. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.