Raptor Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I see where the bar would help so there would be no suspension drop in the rear bit what do the struts do other than reduce weight in the front.

A Raptor 700, lowering kit, stock arms,*brand new* outsu 501(stock 2001 400ex rear)tires, msd programmer, 15t front sprocket, 12.5:1 CP piston, stg 3 hot cam, my mild port head, duals and a K&N filter kit. That setup runs low 5's in dirt 300' consistently on more than 6 different bike's. That's more than plenty to beat you average weekend warriors and it will be just as reliable.

Brandon
I know it doesn't matter but I'm curious what horsepower that setup makes?

Discussion starter · #25 ·
As far as the classes are the classes are setup what normally is the difference between a 4stroke modified and an open class rig. Is there normally some big change that moves you up like stretched frame or something.

Best thing to do is look up the class rules for the organization your going to race with and then build your bike to fit those rules. Rather than build a bike and then try to figure out where it fits. Generally an open class is run what ya brung, no restrictions on Engine size or modifications to engine or chassis. Modified will usually have some sort of engine and or chassis restriction.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Yeah, I am waiting for them to get them posted. I have been back and forth with my buddy who owns the local shop all day on what platform to build. He is really trying to push me into a banshee.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.